1.    #1  
    Ok, I know I've read a post on this but I can't find it on the searches for the Touchpad. I've read other people having problems after 3.0.4 with the volume all of a sudden getting messed up and distorted. I tried one thing and it fixed it without having to reboot.

All I did was hit the On Off switch while the music was playing and the sound went from distorted to normal!! I was so happy that I didn't have to reboot.

Let me know if anyone else experiences this.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I was able to fix it yesterday by making a phone call thru TouchPad via my Pre2.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I can confirm this workaround, but I need something playing in order for it to snap out of it.

What I do is get a long playing YouTube video (I use ), then put the tablet into standby. Audio distortion will go away but will become choppy. Turn it back on, all back to normal.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have been searching for information on the crackling sound. It started happening to our Touchpad last week. I have the Cyanogen mod and I had read of something similar happening in that Android OS when the tablet went into standby because the clock was slowed or something. Is it possible that we could have the same issue in WebOS? Maybe the clock slows down when the touchpad is in standby? My Mom uses Pandora and it plays fine in the beginning but eventually the sound quality degrades all static like and crackles. She is not interacting with the touchpad during this time. I'm thinking the Touchpad doesn't realize it's being used (because it's just being listened to) so it does something to save power that causes the audio processor to operate at a reduced rate and hence the signaling.

Anyone have any other theories? I searched this board but the Google search they use instead of an actual board search leaves something to be desired since I cannot specify the sub-forum I'm interested in.

Thanks
    good find. I will try next days
    Distorted Noise on Touchpad

Anyone have any other theories? I searched this board but the Google search they use instead of an actual board search leaves something to be desired since I cannot specify the sub-forum I'm interested in.
    I think you hit the site search button not the forum search button.

Probably best to continue the original thread rather than start the whole discussion again.
    To note that most of the time resetting the pulse audio fixes it for me and there are a couple homebrew apps out there that will do this. This way you done have to be inconvienced with a full restart.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    I just hit the power button, let the touchpad sleep for about 10 seconds, and when I wake it the sound is fine again.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Ok, I know I've read a post on this but I can't find it on the searches for the Touchpad. I've read other people having problems after 3.0.4 with the volume all of a sudden getting messed up and distorted. I tried one thing and it fixed it without having to reboot.

All I did was hit the On Off switch while the music was playing and the sound went from distorted to normal!! I was so happy that I didn't have to reboot.

Let me know if anyone else experiences this.
    This worked for me! Thx so much for sharing this really simple fix. I'm so happy with this one!
    Palm V --> Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre --> HP TouchPad + HP Pre 3
    ----------
    http://r-ko.us/webos