1.    #1  
    I was surfing, put the TP down for about 10 minutes and came back to it doing a full erase. Other than personal data and Preware, I was able to restore everything. I have no clue what caused it. Weird.
    Supposedly, there are no viruses for WebOS. However, this certainly sounds like the characteristics of one to me. I can't think of any other way it could erase itself.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    any children in your household?
  4.    #4  
    Anything is possible but I doubt either since writing a virus for webos is like releasing an album on 4 track and there aren't any known kids in the house.
    l guess you had better set traps for those Gremlins! :-}

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  6.    #6  
    I was thinking I might have caused it messing around in device info but I would have expected it ask for confirmation (more than one press to make it happen).

On the positive side, it's running better without any Preware tweaks. I think I will be more careful and selective about the ones I add back in.
    We would all be better off if we wouldn't tweak all of our electronics as much. I have always said that most of my problems are self-inflicted.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    My Touchpad just did this too: Full Erase Count Down.

I am now restoring everything.

At least it did come up with webOS 3.04.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I wish mine would......