Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stevhorn
  • 1 Post By laoh
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    This may be the wrong forum to post this, and I apologize if so, I tried looking around all over for a solution. I updated webOS to the latest version, and installed Android CM7 3.5 to check it out, and everything worked out fine. Installed the .zip to get the Marketplace, and next reboot I noticed when plugged in the Touchpad wasn't recognized that is was connected to my computer. I went back into webOS, same thing. Rebooted many times, power on + volume button, big USB logo, nothing happening.

I wiped webOS thinking that may help, nothing. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fully restore my device? I am kind of lost because all the solutions I've seen on the web involve the touchpad being connected to the PC.
    bummer, Android should have come off first, then a doctor...

There has to be a workaround, be patient, someone will rescue your TP...

laterzzzz...........
    32g and playing
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Yeah, installed webOS Doctor right now and it says connect to your computer, plugged in, nothings happening. Windows did say device couldn't be recognized a few minutes ago, error installing new hardware, but the drivers are installed, so no idea.
    i regret buying this POS! I am having same problems, I have to get android off b4 i send back for warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    This may be the wrong forum to post this, and I apologize if so, I tried looking around all over for a solution. I updated webOS to the latest version, and installed Android CM7 3.5 to check it out, and everything worked out fine. Installed the .zip to get the Marketplace, and next reboot I noticed when plugged in the Touchpad wasn't recognized that is was connected to my computer. I went back into webOS, same thing. Rebooted many times, power on + volume button, big USB logo, nothing happening.

I wiped webOS thinking that may help, nothing. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fully restore my device? I am kind of lost because all the solutions I've seen on the web involve the touchpad being connected to the PC.
    the doctor should wipe it clean and have a fresh install on it be patient ...the OS is made for simplicity.check the forums.. there is plenty of help here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem69 View Post
    i regret buying this POS! I am having same problems, I have to get android off b4 i send back for warranty.
    strictly opinion here.. if you want android running on a tablet why not get a galaxy tab?? if not for 200 bucks or so ... is the TP really a "POS" or a small investment to work with and could be redoctored to default and running the oh so elegant WebOS that i think is truly magnifecent.
    there is plenty of answers on this forum to help out your troubles .be patient ... the answers will be there
    I'd hardly call it a POS. It's quite good IMHO. You must realize that when you mess around with hacks, third-party patches, CM7 etc that you run the risk of damaging your device. I'm sorry you're having problems, but don't blame the device if you're using it in a manner that the manufacturer didn't intend.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem69 View Post
    You just done alienated yourself. Good luck.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    kramjam:

When my son and I first got our TPs (his 16gb, mine 32gb) I installed preware, the recommended patches, over-clocked them etc., and we both had problems (poor wifi connections, random freezing, alot of the issues others were reporting), so I decided I would restore them to stock. That was @3 weeks ago. Now, all of our problems have disappeared (except the wifi issue, which I think has been solved by assigning static ip addresses to them).

Here's what I did:

1) Backed up my data
    2) Backed up my device-->Settings-->Device Info-->Backup-->Back Up Now
    3) Reset the device -->Settings-->Device Info-->Reset Options-->Secure Full Erase
    4) Wait until the device is reset (this will take quite awhile)
    5) Doctor it to webos 3.0.4 using these instructions:

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

Good luck

(mayhem69: I have an ethical problem with you trying to send yours back under warranty. You voided your warranty when you installed Android - maybe these instructions will help you.)
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies. Only thing is, I installed Android, then performed a Secure Full Erase, thinking that would solve my USB connectivity woes. (which probably wiped the folders used to install Android, etc.)

I installed webOS Doctor and have the device in USB update mode, and webOS doctor doesn't do anything, as if no touchpad were connected. Only getting the error message about the device can't be recognized by windows. (drivers are installed.)