1.    #1  
    files are still there (can see them in internalz), is there a way to force a re-scan?
    Don't know a command but I would just place a new mp3 into usb to start scan?
  3.    #3  
    tried adding a new album, recognized the new album, but did not re-scan the rest of the missing ones =/
  4.    #4  
    bump

any other ideas? Anyone else run into this issue?
    Try deleting the new album to see if that brings everything back.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Someone posted that they caused a rescan by toggling the hidden bit on the folder with Internalz Pro.

Toggle hidden, restart, toggle unhidden.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Another possible reason some of the music is not found with-in the built-in player is that they are encoded as WMA (Windows Media Audio) tracks. So check to see if certain tracks are encoded as WMA. Internalz Pro shows the files but the built-in player for some reason can not play WMA tracks, or at least I haven't figured out how other than to re-encode them into MP3 format.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Someone posted that they caused a rescan by toggling the hidden bit on the folder with Internalz Pro.

Toggle hidden, restart, toggle unhidden.
    didn't work for me =/

Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    Another possible reason some of the music is not found with-in the built-in player is that they are encoded as WMA (Windows Media Audio) tracks. So check to see if certain tracks are encoded as WMA. Internalz Pro shows the files but the built-in player for some reason can not play WMA tracks, or at least I haven't figured out how other than to re-encode them into MP3 format.
    all my tracks were there one day & the next day half of them were not there. The tracks that were previously been recognized stopped being recognized. Hadn't even changed or added anything.
    For me I doctored and the Music app doesn't "see" my songs at all. Make sure you remove any non mp3 files in your Music folder, otherwise the Music app will have trouble seeing them.