Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stinkyfischer
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I had a white panda, it was beautiful, not really soft but it felt velvety to me. On Nov 9th I sent it in for repair since it was getting cracks on the corners and one was branching towards the screen. I waited about twenty days figuring they're probably swamped before calling in to ask about the progress, I was told everything was fine and that they'd call me back in three days. Four days later I call back and get the same message, that continues until last week when they say the repair facility lost the package and they are looking into it, it took them over 30 days to figure that out. I call four days later(after they didn't call me as promised) and they say I should call UPS to check the tracking number. UPS says the package was never delivered since it was damaged in shipping and they're waiting to get the paperwork back that they sent to HP on Nov 15th. I tell this to HP and they start saying I need to start an investigation through UPS, 45 days later... What the deuce?! I had just talked to UPS and they said it was HPs game, UPS was direct and helpful while HP has just repetitively lied to get me off the phone. I've collected seven direct and documented lies from HP agents(not counting "We'll call you back") and wasted over nine hours of my time/cell minutes so far. I'd recommend not using the warranty because I get the distinct feeling they are running out of replacements and now are just making the whole process hell. When I posted my rage on social media sites I had almost a dozen friends in as many hours share similar stories all from the past three months. Has anyone had a positive repair story recently?
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    that's crazy and hope you find your panda. I recently sent my touchpad for similar reason and everything worked out fine.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    How recently if I may ask? I think my panda is lost to carnivorous HP, maybe it will breed in the wild and surprise me with a family someday... I tried getting two pandas to breed in captivity but all they did was touch to share, just like real pandas!
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    I have not had a problem with webOS/Palm/HP support. I sent my white TP in because one of the speakers was not working. Not sure what they did to it, but when it came back it was the same one with the same speaker not working. Of course it was restored to 3.0.2, but I fixed that again. Anyway, I called and talked to support and they apologized for the issue not being corrected. They did an advanced exchange for me and I got another one in a few days. This one had cracks in the case, in the middle on the edges and one near the lower speaker. Called them again and they sent another as I sent back the cracked one. Again they were very apologetic and accommodating. I have since received my latest advanced exchange one and its perfect, works great, and has sound out of both speakers. I just sent back my dead speaker one today. Yes there was some un-needed headache with a referb device being sent out that clearly should not have been, but all in all support did a fine job in my eyes replacing my device. I just wish that the repair person who had looked at my original device fixed the issue, could have been just a bad contact or a solder point. I even stuck a sticky note with details on the issue next to the speaker. How can you make it even easier then that! Not the fault of support though.
    Everyones experience is not the same though and all support people are different, could also depend on how their day is going. Remember they are people too and have good and bad days. I should know since I worked support ages ago for an ISP. When people could not get their pr0n, they would get mad!
    I had excellent results with my 32G return- Received a new one in ~ 10 days
    Two 16g TPs and a 32G
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Well, as folks can probably tell I was angry. That last phone call was the first time I have ever raged at a CS agent and I just got a call back from higher powers saying they'll just replace it but I feel bad that I only got help once I got angry and made a scene...
    this thread has lasted less than 2hrs, and you are getting ur item replaced, why not use the warranty?
    somline likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    I had a white panda, it was beautiful, not really soft but it felt velvety to me. On Nov 9th I sent it in for repair since it was getting cracks on the corners and one was branching towards the screen. I waited about twenty days figuring they're probably swamped before calling in to ask about the progress, I was told everything was fine and that they'd call me back in three days. Four days later I call back and get the same message, that continues until last week when they say the repair facility lost the package and they are looking into it, it took them over 30 days to figure that out. I call four days later(after they didn't call me as promised) and they say I should call UPS to check the tracking number. UPS says the package was never delivered since it was damaged in shipping and they're waiting to get the paperwork back that they sent to HP on Nov 15th. I tell this to HP and they start saying I need to start an investigation through UPS, 45 days later... What the deuce?! I had just talked to UPS and they said it was HPs game, UPS was direct and helpful while HP has just repetitively lied to get me off the phone. I've collected seven direct and documented lies from HP agents(not counting "We'll call you back") and wasted over nine hours of my time/cell minutes so far. I'd recommend not using the warranty because I get the distinct feeling they are running out of replacements and now are just making the whole process hell. When I posted my rage on social media sites I had almost a dozen friends in as many hours share similar stories all from the past three months. Has anyone had a positive repair story recently?
    i'm not exactly sure what a "white panda" is but if i'm gonna assume since it's from HP it's a black and white laptop, phone, tablet, or printer.

Regardless, sorry to hear about that. Nothing worse then having to deal with customer service. Many of these big electronics companies, especially HP have agreements outsource much of their consumer electronics repair to shipping companies. Fed ex and UPS do it. If your laptop breaks they give you a UPS shipping label. And it ships to a UPS facility where it is repaired, then shipped back to you. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the lack of communication is due the the fact that the two companies aren't really on the same page not to mention HP sucks and is enept. Plus i bet UPS did break or lose the package so the whole thing became a giant cluster insert dirty word for intercourse. Then when they figured it out HP had some lacky on with you probably trying to do damage control especially when they really probably doesn't have much good insight into what's going on in some UPS repair facility.

According to this 2004 article HP has been using UPS to repair printers since 1994. The Next Delivery? Computer Repairs by UPS - July 1, 2004

And as you put it i bet they are out of replacements. If your Panda is a tablet or phone well i'd bet they are running out or already out and with no future models to use instead they are stuck and struggling to satisfy you with a suitable replacement. Like i bet the people at HP are putting their hands over the microphone and whispering "hey boss what do i do with this guy cause we don't have any panda's to replace his lost panda with." Which is probably why it's taking forever when normally they'd may just give you a replacement.

That said i have a defective hp laptop with both a defective battery and gpu. Mine died and HP refuse to replace it because they said it was too late. Sadly mine died right around some July deadine HP never informed me of nor that it was recalled. The NVIDIA GPU Litigation - Home Page So i feel your pain. Meg and HP can all kiss my as....
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    ...paragus ...

On that note , I have one Touchpad 32GB loaner that has a crack from the USB port trailing up its behind... Should I send it back through warranty?

What's their Number?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    -The white pandas are the 64GB white Touchpads
    -The thread is two hours old but the problem is six weeks old, part of the reason for this thread was to put social pressure on HP to do the right thing and quit giving me stock responses.
    -The main dilemma was that UPS and I were working to solve the problem but HPs reps are so well trained they never tried anything other than the four steps they are supposed to do and the admin team was off circle jerking or something.
    - @Sketch42 I'd now say(since HP only responded to threats, but they did respond) that if you choose to use the warranty system take pictures. Take a photo of your tablet in the box, one of the ups guy taking the box, and one of you looking forlornly after your touchpad. Can I change the thread name to "Use caution when using..." or do only admins have that power?
    I have a crack in my TP by the speaker, & I've just dealt with it. I've heard way too many horror stories about the whole warranty process. Mostly people getting back crappy refurbs that are in worst condition than the TP they sent in. I'm just gonna deal with the crack, I might put a skin on it or something.

I hope the OP gets this resolved. Did you happen to insure it with UPS?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -The white pandas are...
    Wait, isn't a white panda by definition a contradiction since Pandas are black and white? lol.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    bable, you're getting angry for no reason. It's clearly UPS's fault if they didn't deliver due to the package being damaged. HP is simply telling you what they know. As far as the we'll call you back along with an ETA, well, expect them to call a few more days later. The first time I sent my TouchPad in, it took a month for it to find its way back to me due to a shortage of replacement parts. Second time around was better where it took 3 days. To sum up, it is unjust and uncalled for you to tell everyone to not use HP's warranty. HP is doing a great job with the warranty, especially with a device they killed off. For a dead device, they sure are wasting a lot of money on warranty (2-day shipping costs, replacement parts cost, the amount it costs talking to you while you complain like a 4 year old, etc.) So quit complaining.
    I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
    bable, touching on your UPS issue, take a look at this:
    When UPS said it was HP's game, they were simply putting on their best poker face while lying to you in hopes of you falling for it and apparently you fell for it.
    I understand how you feel. Sent my Veer in for repair, got a refurb back since mine was "unrepairable" according to Palm, but the one they sent me has a faulty "." button. It's kinda hard to use a smartphone without a working "." button since you can't type web adresses, e-mail addresses, etc... I just face palmed when I tried to sign into my palm profile and found the "." button didn't work.
    This should be titled "What can Brown do to you?". I dont think your little post had any affect on HP. By the way if you don't use HP warranty who you going to fix your touchpad for free.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Well, as folks can probably tell I was angry. That last phone call was the first time I have ever raged at a CS agent and I just got a call back from higher powers saying they'll just replace it but I feel bad that I only got help once I got angry and made a scene...
    welcome to the world of outsourced call centers. Last time I tried to call hp 'customer service' I got some clueless person from india that I could hardly understand (and apparently could not really understand me as well)

needless to say customer service was hardly service at all
    A little off topic, but HP honors warranties for White 64GB TouchPads?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Yup HP honored the warranty and they replaced my TP in the end, but only after I screamed and threatened them. It wasn't UPSs fault at all beyond losing the package, which happens. HP lost the paperwork from them multiple times then just ignored my pleas for information or progress and never bothered to contact UPS beyond looking up the tracking number on ups.com. After two months without a treasured trinket but with someone lying to me about it I feel justified to use rage, why else have testosterone?

edit: the refurb I received was cracked when I got it, but luckily the crack is pointing away from the screen so I'm just throwing a skin on it. I wish I could change the thread title to "Only use the warranty for non cosmetic problems".