1.    #1  
    I dont have a TP yet but i would love to get one.
    The apps that i have to use are what concerns me:
    i need HanDbase - i hope that now WEbos will be opensource DDH will write it for Webos
    I need Citrix reciever - i think that is already out - we use it to get to Remedy
    I need to have Office - Quick office looks good to me

I know a lot of people used HanDBase in the past. Do we all need to flood this developer with emails so that he will write a version for WEBos?
    The window to obtain a TouchPad seems to be closing relatively quickly. If you are going to wait for "X app" to be developed you are also all, but closing your window on purchasing the HP TouchPad (at least at a competitive and comparable price for today's current market).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I have to say, that if you need 2 apps that don't currently exist to be able to make use of a device, then you probably need to go investigate something else that will work for you. I don't have the slightest idea what a HanDbase is or who it's by or what it's for, but Citrix pulled their client, and refuses to acknowledge that there ever even was a webOS version of it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminpre View Post
    I dont have a TP yet but i would love to get one.
    The apps that i have to use are what concerns me:
    i need HanDbase - i hope that now WEbos will be opensource DDH will write it for Webos
    I need Citrix reciever - i think that is already out - we use it to get to Remedy
    I need to have Office - Quick office looks good to me

I know a lot of people used HanDBase in the past. Do we all need to flood this developer with emails so that he will write a version for WEBos?
    Hi and welcome. With regards to your questions...

1) I was also a HandDBase user (as well as others (TealDB?)) There is an app called "Data Manager" which is a full fledged relational database. You can import HandDBase databases into it with no problems.

2. Yes, Citrix did pull there app, but to their own demise, they never loaded the full version with https support and never had a pay version (free beta) so the app only exists for those that still have it downloaded on their TPad.

There is SplashTop Remote and several RDP apps, so you could remote to a machine that is running remedy like I do to access SAP systems from my TPad.

3. There are both *Quick* Office and Picsel Smart Office to handle your doc editing needs. I use *Quick* Office myself and have no issues at all (so far) using it for business requirements and technical specification docs for work.

They are selling like booze to a wino so definitely pick one up asap if you want one. Bundles are appearing at different stores so keep your eyes peeled or scope the slickdeals site for TPad action.
    #3-you mean Quick Office. Yes of course Open Office (or Libre Office) is available if you install Ubuntu, but I doubt that's what you meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    #3-you mean Quick Office. Yes of course Open Office (or Libre Office) is available if you install Ubuntu, but I doubt that's what you meant.
    D'oh! I'm a OO user on my desktop so it seems natural to say it. But yes, I did mean "QUICK Office".
    I'm sure you understand I'm not nitpicking you, just want to make sure the OP isn't sent off in the wrong direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    D'oh! I'm a OO user on my desktop so it seems natural to say it. But yes, I did mean "QUICK Office".
    LOL, I do the same thing constantly...

Also saw a post or tweet yesterday that Picsel said they have an update in the pipelines for Smart Office.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...