Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone has a firm release date or if the release notes have been updated since it was first made public to the test community last month?
    only Hp knows.
    And God.. maybe!

Be an excellent C'mas Pressie though!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    However long it takes to get it right.
    we might not get it, the news was before the opensourcing announcement and after teh open sourcing news it was said they would be busy making webOS fully opensource and gutting out the proprietary code.

perhaps they have their hands full with that atm.
    Heard from little birdies that they are in the last stages of testing 3.05 now. But it may be that they found some bugs that they are still squashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Heard from little birdies that they are in the last stages of testing 3.05 now. But it may be that they found some bugs that they are still squashing.

Little Birdies eat Bugs, don't they?

retroblu and darkzone like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarlo100 View Post
    However long it takes to get it right.
    Forever! Even the World is still evolving.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I know that wikipedia isn't a very reliable source, but it lists the stable release of 3.0.5 as "Dec 25, 2011." Maybe that is the real release date, maybe it's not.
    Source: WebOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by jerszone View Post
    only Hp knows.
    in that case no one knows
    HP says its "coming soon."

And for you literalists, I'm being sarcastic.
    All for One and One for All!
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ^^^ lol
    I have the same Q~!!

Hopefully by new year? my wishful thinking^^
    Quote Originally Posted by kurahk7 View Post
    Hi,
    I know that wikipedia isn't a very reliable source, but it lists the stable release of 3.0.5 as "Dec 25, 2011." Maybe that is the real release date, maybe it's not.

Looking at the source does not have a date... not sure where that date came from..
    #staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    jamhandman: Both the right hand sidebar and the version table show the December 25th date. But I'm not holding my breath.
    You can search for and try 305 rc1 if you want to try it out... But youll have to doctor things once official 305 comes out.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kurahk7 View Post
    Hi,
    It says February 31, 2055 now! Oh Well.. Its coming soon
    I have to disagree with the logic of capitalizing the W in "webOS" in that wikipedia article. Whoever wrote it claims to be following the Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Trademarks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, but in my read of it I don't find a section covering a trademark like "webOS". The author seems to have applied the section covering all-lower-case trademarks, which "webOS" is clearly not. Of the examples cited in the style manual, I find "webOS" most similar to "iPad" and "eBay" which are to be left as-is and never capitalized. In fact it makes the most sense to treat "webOS" as any other English word, capitalizing it when beginning a sentence and otherwise leaving it as-is.
    ShiftyAxel and Vistaus like this.
    Its coming out on Christmas Day as HP have nothing better to do

It will be out when its out
    johnson, the capitalization rule there specifically follows the "only if the second letter of the product name is capitalized". Otherwise, the default rule to capitalize the first letter of proper nouns is applied.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast