Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I am trying to update a new TouchPad from 3.02 to 3.04, but the device says its up to date with 3.02. I also can't log onto the HP webOS Account from the HP site. Some issue with the internal server. Maybe they are updating to 3.05 as we type. Or maybe not.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Interesting. I haven't heard about that problem happening since when the servers were overloaded during the initial .4 release.
    Someone brought up this problem a couple of weeks ago. It was speculated then that maybe 3.05 was imminent. Obviously it wasn't.
    Anyone know if 3.05 will bring a magnification bubble to allow us to edit text? That and a working accelerometer for Asphalt 6 would be my biggest desires for an update.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    A magnification bubble or window would be great, but I did not see any mention of this. I did see (finally) double tap space = period after a sentence.

I also hope they fix the annoying penchant it has for not capitalizing the first letter of a word after a period or on a new line when typing in a forum chat box. And the overly aggressive auto correct needs to be muzzled.
    It as if you have to fight with TPs dictionary as you are typing sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    A magnification bubble or window would be great, but I did not see any mention of this. I did see (finally) double tap space = period after a sentence.

I also hope they fix the annoying penchant it has for not capitalizing the first letter of a word after a period or on a new line when typing in a forum chat box. And the overly aggressive auto correct needs to be muzzled.
    If a double tap space for a period and the bubble for editing are added, I hope to god that HP licensed them properly. I think Apple has the patent on those two things in particular, since both a prevalent in iOS.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    I think it will come soon I read somewhere, can't remember, that the first version that was "leaked" I guess you could say might be the gold master
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post

I -suspect- that the "overly aggressive auto correct" is related to the database locking up problem -- my guess is that it can't access the shortcut database, so it freaks out. I've only -ever- seen this at the same time as the database access problem, and a reboot clears it for days or weeks at a time for me. The database access problem is related to the accelerometer problem, and has supposedly been fixed. SO, I think that the database problem, which is caused by the accelerometer problem, cascades to a lot of the other problems that people are having . . . and so that one fix will end up fixing a lot of stuff. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I think it will come soon I read somewhere, can't remember, that the first version that was "leaked" I guess you could say might be the gold master
    I think that there's been quite a bit of work since then, I doubt they've been sitting on their thumbs for a month doing nothing. Though the last couple of weeks probably have brought quite a bit of work dealing with the open source issues.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    And probably no work is getting done this week since it is the holidays and HP employees get vacation time.
    Devices:
    • HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    • HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    • HTC One (T-Mobile)
    • Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    • Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hey but look you already have 3.0.5! in your signature
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    And probably no work is getting done this week since it is the holidays and HP employees get vacation time.
    We don't "get" vacation time. We are forced to take our annual leave. :-(
    Siobhαn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    And some of us really look forward to it
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
    If a double tap space for a period and the bubble for editing are added, I hope to god that HP licensed them properly. I think Apple has the patent on those two things in particular, since both a prevalent in iOS.
    Blackberry has had double space = period for quite some time. Since the early 00's at least.
    can't speak to the magnification bubble though.
    Needs arrow keys on keyboard so when entering a url or something you can arrow back to fix an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
    Needs arrow keys on keyboard so when entering a url or something you can arrow back to fix an error.
    There are several patches already for that issue...
    Magnification has been in Android longer than in iOS AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Well, if you watched the video review of the TouchPad Go that Derek did here, you'll see he plays Asphalt6 on it, and either he was a terrible driver or accelerometer issues are still screwed up, because he went right into the left wall as mine likes to with 3.0.4. He says he's running 3.0.5 on that TouchPad Go. Can always hope, though..
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker56 View Post
    There are several patches already for that issue...
    More than an arrow key, I'd like to see an "Undo" button or undo gesture.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Well, if you watched the video review of the TouchPad Go that Derek did here, you'll see he plays Asphalt6 on it, and either he was a terrible driver or accelerometer issues are still screwed up, because he went right into the left wall as mine likes to with 3.0.4. He says he's running 3.0.5 on that TouchPad Go. Can always hope, though..
    Please note that 3.0.5 is not final yet and the webOS team have acknowledged it as a bug that 3.0.4 introduced.
    Devices:
    • HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    • HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    • HTC One (T-Mobile)
    • Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    • Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Well, as long as they have acknowledged it ...
    trowany likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast