Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys!

I recently bought a TP and I tried to overclock it but the Kernels won't install! I updated to the 3.0.4 version and enabled beta feeds but when I try to install a kernel (Uber, F4 ...) at the end this message appears: "error log IPKG". I read different forums and found no solution!
    Help me please!
    Thanks.
    You'll need to post far more details of the error message than what you have so far.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    the message appears then I press "LOG IPKG" and in the postints it shows:
    1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lip/ipkg
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with thie webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    cp: write error: no space left on device
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    And so on...
  4.    #4  
    At he message I have the possibility to click on "LOG IPKG" then I can read in the "postinst":
    1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lip/ipkg
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with thie webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    cp:write error: No space left on device
    And so on......
    Do you buy brand new TP or used one?

I think the only solution feasible for you is use webOS doctor, and wipe off all data inside TP including the flash drive to make it back to default condition. And try not to restore any data / app from backup. Maybe old data / backup mess up something.
    Sounds like you've got a bunch of extra crap in your /boot folder. Have you been messing with "chroid" (the android-in-a-card thing that was going around a month or two ago?) ? Or CM7?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Have you also tried first REinstalling the stock Palm Kernel from Preware?

'Palm-tenderloin' sounds Android-like to me!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/21/2011 at 10:01 AM.
    "cp:write error: No space left on device" seems to be a pretty good indicator to me. Do you have any free space left on that thing?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  9.    #9  
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks for your answers. Actually, I didn't buy a new TP, and the former owner had installed Android before. I think I am going to use Webdoctor to erase everything (I have already made a complete reset but I think it is not enough).
    To Kevets: I have 25gb available in my device!
    Thank you all!
    the doctor will not remove the android partitions but in preware there is something called remove android but I'm not sure if it works.
    Also in Preware: 'Tailor'... which 'Remove Android' advocates use of in order '..to remove other Android partitions..'

You sure that 25Gb isn't just the size of your USB Media partition?

12.    #12  
    Ok, I will try those Preware Apps.
    To Mutoidi:those 25gb appear in the "device specification", so I don't know wether it is only dedicated to the Media partition.
    Yeah, you'll need to Doctor to fix /boot, probably. Even that might not necessarily do it, considering that doctoring doesn't destroy Android.

I'd probably try the Remove Android thing in Preware first, then doctor.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    the remove android doesnt work on Chroid.
  15.    #15  
    Do you know how to remove this Chroid?
    Besides, I installed Remove Android but I can't use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    the remove android doesnt work on Chroid.
    Wow... This need to be sticky to warn people here that want to buy used TP that already installed with Android
    Not sure about chdroid but have you tried the ACMEUninstaller memboot option to clean up android partitions?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Remove Android doesn't work on chroid, but he didn't specify if he had chroid or CM7, and i'd guess that Remove Android may clean up junk in /boot, and even if it doesn't, it won't cause any harm running it prior to doctoring.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  19.    #19  
    I downloaded Remove Android but I can't use it, I can't find it among my apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by 10crew10 View Post
    I downloaded Remove Android but I can't use it, I can't find it among my apps!
    I haven't used it (so hopefully someone else can help out), but if it's similar to other functions of its nature, all you needed to do was download it & maybe restart the device. It could be one of those that works its magic and goes away, thus, you never see an 'app'.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast