Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    Hi

Hope someone may be able to help. We have a TP that my brother likes to read his books on in PDF format. For no apparent reason the Adobe application has stopped functioning. When you press on it to start it just sticks on the eggtimer! We thought maybe removing and reinstalling might work but can't work out how to do that on the tablet.

I don't want to use Web Os Dr unless strictly necessary so hoping someone might be able to advise us.

Many thanks
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Verify that the pdf files weren't corrupted somehow. I had the same problem and then tried to open that file with smartOffice which couldn't open it either and said it was corrupt.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply.

I don't know if the files were corrupted somehow. Adobe won't open at all so it's not a case of trying to open a particular file as we don't reach that stage at all But if I can find the files I will try to open with Smartoffice thanks
    Try and open the file from an e-mail or file browser app to see if this then force launches adobe.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    pogeypre likes this.
    Silly thought, but...did you try a full device restart?

When I have apps that "stick," a full restart usually does the trick.

Good luck!