Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree126Likes
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    It's a shame that Samsung didn't buy Palm instead of HP.
    in hindsight
    Samsung could have been in a better position if they bought Palm in 2010.
    They could have used Palm for Patents while tinkering with both Android and webOS
    Last edited by gbp; 08/01/2012 at 12:16 PM.
    I sort of wish Apple bought webOS. Remember what Steve Jobs said about palm 'Palm makes great software.' they might have added webos's cards and synergy into iOS, and had the 'smartphone patent' to finish Samsung, and by extension google off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    I sort of wish Apple bought webOS. Remember what Steve Jobs said about palm 'Palm makes great software.' they might have added webos's cards and synergy into iOS, and had the 'smartphone patent' to finish Samsung, and by extension google off.
    Nem fud#ndo!

Best regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    No folks, it was the hardware, biggest hunk of crap plastic ever released. If HP would have done it right with IPad or Playbook quality hardware, Webos would have been better received.
    Have to agree, i have an ipad1 and a touchpad, the touchpad doesnt compare to the ipad at all... it just sits on my desk probably with a dead battery
    Have to agree, i have an ipad1 and a touchpad, the touchpad doesnt compare to the ipad at all... it just sits on my desk probably with a dead battery
    Could you send me that touchpad, then?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    retroblu likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    What are the chances, my HP TouchPad tablet just sits lonely on its original box closed up on the house garage (safely stashed to avoid dust,moisture and other things that cause seriously harm the device). Don't know about the dead battery, although I think that still work perfectly thou. It just sad really because, I definitely liked my TouchPad when I got on the firesale period last year. But it always HP to blame for this matter, I curse HP and Mrs. Whitman every single day cause they guilty for all of this happening to WebOS. First the no more software update for the old,forgotten TouchPad and then developers fleeing faster than a sinking ship and HP doing nothing to assure potential developers about the future potential of OpenWebOS.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    What are the chances, my HP TouchPad tablet just sits lonely on its original box closed up on the house garage (safely stashed to avoid dust,moisture and other things that cause seriously harm the device). Don't know about the dead battery, although I think that still work perfectly thou. It just sad really because, I definitely liked my TouchPad when I got on the firesale period last year. But it always HP to blame for this matter, I curse HP and Mrs. Whitman every single day cause they guilty for all of this happening to WebOS. First the no more software update for the old,forgotten TouchPad and then developers fleeing faster than a sinking ship and HP doing nothing to assure potential developers about the future potential of OpenWebOS.

I'll cover shipping costs to 48187 zip code, for those touchpads that are not being used.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'll cover shipping costs to 48187 zip code, for those touchpads that are not being used.
    Now I'm intrigued to know Mr. Eblade, of the reasons behind that you will like to have one of my functional by useless(in web-browsing and availability in apps) HP TouchPad ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Now I'm intrigued to know Mr. Eblade, of the reasons behind that you will like to have one of my functional by useless(in web-browsing and availability in apps) HP TouchPad ?
    Well, you don't want them... Was your Touchpad "useless" on the day you bought it? If not, what changed to make it that way?

-- Sent via mobile
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    This line only gets older every time it's posted after someone mentions they don't use their webOS device as much (if at all) anymore. I know you mean it as a part-troll, part-joke, but just because someone's in possession of something they don't want, it doesn't mean they should just give away things they paid good money for. Obviously.

Hell, if they wanted to sell the units, they'd at least have peace of mind that they could recoup their losses. Last thing I'd want to do it just get a fat $0 out of it.
    Because evidently Eblade doesn't consider them useless?

But, to address your "useless" assertation:

Useless web browsing? I've found very few sites that won't render correctly on my TouchPad. Those that don't tend not to render any better on an Android device. The only iOS device I still have is an old iPod Touch I haven't turned on or charged for a couple years, that my local range won't let me use as a target.

Useless availability in apps? Depends on what apps you need. I've got two different office suites on mine, an RDP app (actually, I got two) to cover my remote desktop needs, Pandora for music, and an assortment of games (Glyder 2, one of my favorites, still runs better on my TouchPad than my Galaxy Nexus, for example). Local webserver, shell access through Preware, etc.

My TouchPad pretty much took over entirely my laptop's roles, with the exception of certain games that simply aren't available on mobile platforms (Touchlight, Diablo III, City of Heroes, Star Trek Online, Audiosurf) anyway.

So, let's try the reverse: what do you find useless about the web browser? What apps do you need that don't have availability on the TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    This line only gets older every time it's posted after someone mentions they don't use their webOS device as much (if at all) anymore. I know you mean it as a part-troll, part-joke, but just because someone's in possession of something they don't want, it doesn't mean they should just give away things they paid good money for. Obviously.

Hell, if they wanted to sell the units, they'd at least have peace of mind that they could recoup their losses. Last thing I'd want to do it just get a fat $0 out of it.
    Not entirely. I've received 2 webOS phones and an Android phone this way, and a few other accessories as well. Seriously, if you're not using them, and you don't want to make the effort to sell them, I'd be happy to take them.

I can certainly make use of them, being a developer, as well as having 5 children
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Well with a few toys in the house, I must say my daughter and I still use our touchpads everyday.

its still surfs the web and does email very well.

When we want to play games we just boot into ics and all is well.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011