1.    #1  
    on wednesday we were burgled
    the <jerks> smashed a hole in the back door big enough to get a hand through and unlocked it.
    the thieving ****s ransacked the kitchen and went into the downstairs hall where they got my wifes hand bag and my daughters college bag
    they stole money, my daughters touchpad, nintendo ds , a mountain bike from the shed and probably more but luckily the dog barked and they must have run off
    first we knew was coming downstairs at 6am to find back door wide to the wall.
    if you hear of anyone selling an HP touchpad in clydebank area or a apollo creed mountain bike please let us know
    I've phoned hp web butler service this morning
    wasn't much help to be honest
    I know that up to now no one has tried to register the stolen touchpad
    what I would like to know is
    If I remotely wipe the stolen touchpad, is that all ties severed to it or will it remain registered to me.
    I really hate the idea of someone being able to register and update something that we had to save up to buy.
    also is it possible for hp to let me know if someone tries to register it?
    the webos butler service seemed to say that as soon as you remotely erase the information on the touchpad , then they will look on it as a new ownership if someone tries to register it
    surely that cannot be correct
    so I still haven't wiped it yet
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/19/2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: language
    Must be scary knowing they were there while you and your family were home.
    Thats mental mate... sorry to hear it. Im in Glasgow, Ill def keep an eye out for any dodgy touchpads for sale in Clydebank... maybe keep an eye out on gumtree etc.

Id contact HP asap about it, find out more about the remote wipe etc. Maybe they can disable it completely??
    sorry man. hopefully the cops find those jerks
  5.    #5  
    cheers folks
    what upsets me most
    apart from some scum bag prowling around our house as we slept
    was the fact we had to save for this
    spent literally weeks hunting for one
    and then to have it stolen
    words fail me
    That does blow, hard core. Hopefully you have insurance to at least cover it (at retail value, right ) but that doesn't replace the time spent getting it. They are still pretty common on ebay though, and probably will be after the holiday too.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    on wednesday we were burgled
    the <jerks> smashed a hole in the back door big enough to get a hand through and unlocked it.
    the thieving ****s ransacked the kitchen and went into the downstairs hall where they got my wifes hand bag and my daughters college bag
    they stole money, my daughters touchpad, nintendo ds , a mountain bike from the shed and probably more but luckily the dog barked and they must have run off
    first we knew was coming downstairs at 6am to find back door wide to the wall.
    if you hear of anyone selling an HP touchpad in clydebank area or a apollo creed mountain bike please let us know
    I've phoned hp web butler service this morning
    wasn't much help to be honest
    I know that up to now no one has tried to register the stolen touchpad
    what I would like to know is
    If I remotely wipe the stolen touchpad, is that all ties severed to it or will it remain registered to me.
    I really hate the idea of someone being able to register and update something that we had to save up to buy.
    also is it possible for hp to let me know if someone tries to register it?
    the webos butler service seemed to say that as soon as you remotely erase the information on the touchpad , then they will look on it as a new ownership if someone tries to register it
    surely that cannot be correct
    so I still haven't wiped it yet
    I definitely can sympathize with your situation and understand your feelings. I can at least help provide you some direction with your case. Unfortunately HP can not tell you when someone else logs into your device or provide you with any of that information, and that is to (trying to chose my words wisely here), not say you are lying, but we have to protect ourselves from any possible lawsuits that may come in case that device was not yours.

Below is what you need to do
    1. File a police report
    2. Contact HP and advise them your device was stolen and provide all the information
    3. Once you provide your information and a copy of the police report we can flag the device serial number as stolen in our system.
    4. By flagging the device as stolen it will not be able to receive any technical support assistance and can not be repaired.
    5. After that you need to let the police do their work as to what steps they will take after that.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts