Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spaceman Spliff
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    It came via ups ground, in a brown box (clearly labeled touched 32gb) suspended in a foam holder in the standard tp plastic wrap, I haven't activated it yet so I don't know the firmware version (prob 3.0.4). It looks like a new unit (expected).

Also, got the $19 shipping back from hp! Via payal.

It's a good day today!
    Got the refund here too... $38 for two TouchPads!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Update: looks like it has 3.0.2, says so on the box.
    got my refund too! im expecting mine today!

$38 for 2 touchpads too
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I received my ebay Touchpads on Thursday of last week. I then got the shipping refund email from HP today (awesome!) so my $149 tablet is now actually a $149 tablet.

Mine both arrived in brown boxes very clearly marked as refurbs and both came in with 3.0.2.

One of them is mine and is now dual booting webos and android and my wifes is sticking with webos only.

Thanks to this forum for the 'getting starting' sticky and the links to the android forums.
    Got mine, got the refund just the other day as well (yay!)

Looks 100% brand new, not one mark or flaw anywhere to be seen. My only concern is the usb jack looks to me to be embedded too deep into the device.

I am not a big fan of the durability of micro usb, so I sanded down the nibs on the charger cable so that the cable can be inserted/removed easier and thus make the device much less prone to damage.

I think this was important since while the refurb units may be just as good as the brand new ones, they do not get a brand new unit warranty.
    got mine last week in the same style of packaging described in original post but didn't receive an email about the shipping refund until last night. Pretty sweet, I did not expect a full refund on shipping. At most I was expecting a partial refund.
    Vicious,

I'd suggest locating a TouchStone, too. Never have to use USB to charge it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    How did everyone get their shipping charge back?
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Vicious,

I'd suggest locating a TouchStone, too. Never have to use USB to charge it.
    Yeah if I find myself using the TP often its on my to get list.
    so i just started my TP up. it recognizes my wifi network, but it doesnt seem to recognize my password? i type in my correct password and it says "No Wi-Fi Connection" and invites me to try to sign in again. ***?

EDIT: also im SURE that im entering in the right password because the TP prompts me for a correct password if i enter the wrong one in. anyone have the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
    so i just started my TP up. it recognizes my wifi network, but it doesnt seem to recognize my password? i type in my correct password and it says "No Wi-Fi Connection" and invites me to try to sign in again. ***?

EDIT: also im SURE that im entering in the right password because the TP prompts me for a correct password if i enter the wrong one in. anyone have the same problem?
    That's a weird case you have, I wonder if it's not liking something about your password. We really have two options.
    1. Try temporarily changing your password to see if it makes a difference
    2. Try disabling your password to see if it makes a difference.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    check your router to allow new devices (no MAC filtering).
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    check your router to allow new devices (no MAC filtering).
    my router allows new devices. any other tips? im about to contact HP...
    Joeb2751 likes this.
    my router allows new devices. any other tips? im about to contact HP...
    Tried power cycling the router?

Tried disabling the encryption on the router as HB suggested yet?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I got 2 Monday and they look brand new I now have my backups now for when the worst case scenario happens.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Try another router (or two).
    You could even try Connectify-me.

got this prob the first time too. First disable security on both tp and the router, and log in. Once you are all set up, restore the security.