1.    #1  
    I've had a TouchPad for a few months now (got it during the first HP fire sale). Anyway, while I do like the webOS interface (though I'll admit I've tried CM7 - I like the expanded app support there, but wifi is still a bit buggy and I prefer the webOS interface), I've found a few issues with the web browser which I find fatally crippling.

First of all, on many websites which have links to PDF files, I am unable to open those links no matter what I do. This happens on any sites that offer PDFs through a redirect from an aspx or similar address - the TouchPad doesn't know what format it is and is as such unable to do anything with it. One example of PDF links that don't load that I've found is the City of Ann Arbor's public meeting agendas (City of Ann Arbor - Calendar) This happens in both the built-in browser and Advanced Browser (which I believe both use the same underlying rendering engine).

Secondly, when browsing, I frequently find that trying to open a page in a new card (or a new tab in Advanced Browser) results in a blank tab/card opening. The page never loads, and pressing reload in said card does nothing. It definitely annoys me a lot to open a bunch of new tabs in the background for links of interest while reading a page, only to find that half of them don't load at all!

Anyway, I'm curious - has anyone else seen these issues? They have existed in both 3.0.2 and 3.0.4. I tried to contact HP support, but they seem to just think the PDF links I mentioned are "not supported by the TouchPad" because the use the aspx redirect. It may be the case, but it really shouldn't be - my iPhone, Mac, and PC open them just fine, as does Android (in most cases) on the TouchPad. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a bug report form for webOS - though with the discontinuation I'm not sure the issues will ever be fixed (and as such may just buy an iPad 3 when it is released)..
    I don't have any direct solutions for you (and have never run into that second problem, that I can think of), but a couple of things that you might try as a work around ..

Try the "Download That!" app to download the file from the redirect link, and then the "Tegi's Commander" app or any other file manager, to rename it to the proper filename, then maybe you can open it (unless it's just downloading a html stub to it, in which case, maybe you can get the actual filenames out of that)

Failing that, you could setup something like Splashtop or one of the other Remote Control applications to remotely control your PC, use the PC to download it, and copy it to a Dropbox or a Box.Net account that the TouchPad also has access to.

There may be other ideas, too.

BTW, if you're in Ann Arbor, howdy from Plymouth!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by thully View Post
    Secondly, when browsing, I frequently find that trying to open a page in a new card (or a new tab in Advanced Browser) results in a blank tab/card opening. The page never loads, and pressing reload in said card does nothing. It definitely annoys me a lot to open a bunch of new tabs in the background for links of interest while reading a page, only to find that half of them don't load at all!
    Yea, I hate that, too.

My work around: Open the link in a new card and wait until page starts loading, then I go back to the other card. Boring, but for the moment the only way. I took a look into the sources (the JavaScript part) but found nothing there to change this. It's coded into the C part.
    The main problem I get when browsing on the TP is width of the page is often incorrectly displayed, so that parts of the page look 'chopped' off. This usually involves large images, but it often happens on webOS roundup, and facebook too. Any one else get this?

(This also happens on the Pre3 which is truly annoying.)