Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    For all the non believers, market research firm, IDC estimates a 5% share for HP Touchpad and about 900,000 devices shipped.

" HP entered and left the market in 3Q11 with its TouchPad product. The company shipped 903,354 units to grab a 5% share of the worldwide market, number three behind Samsung's 5.6% market share. "
    Full press release at idc(dot)com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS23228211
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    That'd make sense. The firesale didn't happen until Q3, so I'd expect a ton of them sold during that time.
    whitman herself said 750K--see akitayo thread with her video interview dec 9
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I know about that and I think she meant TP sold in usa. She wasnt direct tbh
    Not bad for a single device. How many different models did Sammy send?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    4-5 models. I am more impressed with Asus. 4% market share without any discounting like HP with only 1 model. Now with the prime available, they're going to shoot up their market share! Big up for them, the deserve it.
    Shipped, not sold. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    From what I can tell most retailers have sold through all stock with ease.. there is no abundance anywhere even in package deals unless you know something nobody else does
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Q3 is only until September. HP fulfilled a major of the backorder from SMB (about 200,000) on October so that would make sold unit 1 million.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    When most retailers are stocked out. sell through is equal to or almost equal to sell in.

Cant believe how some people continuously keep doubting the number of touchpad solds.

Oh yea, they wrote off the division from their balance sheet. Had multiple fire sales and you expect HP to still be sitting on a huge inventory pile just to give it to you for free?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    4-5 models.
    4-5? Samsung only had 2 during that quarter. The discontinued Galaxy Tab, which nobody was buying because of age/discontinued/OS, and the 10.1. The 8.9 and Galaxy Tab Pro weren't released until November. Maybe they make 2-3 tablets that I am unaware of.
    Vistaus likes this.
    I believe that Whitman's 750k number was the initial production prior to the post-firesale run.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    whitman herself said 750K--see akitayo thread with her video interview dec 9
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42
    I believe that Whitman's 750k number was the initial production prior to the post-firesale run.
    Either that or she was still drunk from Derek's wine
    Cant believe how some people continuously keep doubting the number of touchpad solds.
    I can't believe anyone thinks it matters how many were sold. 750,000 or a million, it's still a dead product line with a base that will only shrink as time passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I can't believe anyone thinks it matters how many were sold. 750,000 or a million, it's still a dead product line with a base that will only shrink as time passes.
    wow ..Monday's really aren't your day eh :-)

well for a glass half full type of guy that I am I would say that the user base is there and waiting for more WebOS possibilities now that it's open source
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Vistaus likes this.
    Yeah, the main thing is that roughly 1 in 20 people who acquired a tablet in 2011 was exposed to WebOS. Assuming the experience was generally positive then there is a potential follow-on market.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    4-5? Samsung only had 2 during that quarter. The discontinued Galaxy Tab, which nobody was buying because of age/discontinued/OS, and the 10.1. The 8.9 and Galaxy Tab Pro weren't released until November. Maybe they make 2-3 tablets that I am unaware of.
    The estimates are for all over the world, not just usa. Samsung Galaxy 10.1, 8.9 and plus models were available in S Korea and Europe way before end of Q3.
    The estimates are for all over the world, not just usa. Samsung Galaxy 10.1, 8.9 and plus models were available in S Korea and Europe way before end of Q3.
    False. 10.1 and 8.9 landed end of October in western Europe.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Here are official release dates.

Sep 8 2011 uk

June 8 2011 usa

May 11 2011 5,000 10.1 galaxy tablets given free at Google I/O

August 1 2011 Samsung offers 1000 free Galaxy tabs 10.1 to The University of Southern Mississippi students

"DALLAS, June 2, 2011 – Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the U.S. , and Samsung Electronics America, a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, today announced the upcoming retail availability of the Galaxy Tab™ 10.1, starting June 8. The WiFi-enabled tablet measures at just 8.6 millimeters slim, making it the thinnest mobile tablet currently available in the world. The 32GB version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi edition will be available for $599, while the 16GB version of the device will be available for $499. "
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Also Korea had the 8.9 version by 12 August 2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast