Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Have you guys noticed two new Gameloft games in the app catalog?

Assassins Creed and Nova 2 are now available for the Touchpad. Methinks big name app developers have figured that there is now a future for webOS devices and there are more than 500,000 active touchpads now in the market giving them a desperate and penetrable user base for their apps.

now for some netflix, more 3d games and better e book and news readers!!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    yes, i noticed, and i bought them both. well, i bought assasin's and was billed for nova but it seems the new update for the app store has broken it for me. the update failed along with the download of nova. i really hope i don't have to resort to the doctor on this.
  3. J A
    2 old games release and the touchpad suddenly becoming a gaming device? What we need is onlive and support for bluetooth controllers on weboS. I know it is possible with cm7 but I dont want android on my touchpad unless it's ics.
    dignitary and hf199 like this.
    Try the download again, we don't seem to be seeing widespread problems with the catalog at the moment?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Games in TouchPad still miles behind compared to iPad. But glad to see Gameloft start a step to port their games to TouchPad. Hope others & newer will available soon.
    dignitary and Vistaus like this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J A View Post
    2 old games release and the touchpad suddenly becoming a gaming device? What we need is onlive and support for bluetooth controllers on weboS. I know it is possible with cm7 but I dont want android on my touchpad unless it's ics.
    Touchpad had a lack of good games before.

Now with more titles coming from Gameloft and Glu, it is becoming a device where I can use it to game.

So in simple english - Touchpad is becoming a gaming device (for me)

I hope that explains everything
    Vistaus likes this.
    I noticed the other day that some > 90% of the top 300 android apps are all games. Really? Touchscreen devices just suck for so many games, I find it hard to believe. *shrug*
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    to be fair we already had assassins creed, this versions just a proper scaled for touchpad version, but the "other" HD version still ran, just looked a tad fugly.
    I am new to the touchpad. With that being said, every time I try to download a game it shows up on the side in downloads. I click open, and it tells me "cannot open MIME files. " .??? Why do they show that they are for the HP touchpad when they don't work?? The only ones that seem to download right are from the app store. Where can I find some good games that download. Not overly computer savey, so please speak in laments terms.. Thanks,
    Android - Games & Google Maps
    Webos - Everything else.

Done
    Vistaus likes this.
    Brosmaniac: you can't play pc games on a touchpad, or any other tablet. Use the app catalog to get software -- that's what its there for.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J A View Post
    same here. I -hope- that becomes a reality one day (with some emulators on webos as well)

otherwise I might be forced to use android b/c it simply has more options
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    same here. I -hope- that becomes a reality one day (with some emulators on webos as well)

otherwise I might be forced to use android b/c it simply has more options
    I think ported game from iPad version to TouchPad should be easy and faster compared to others. But I'm not a programmer, so I don't know about how WebOS PDK works, but base on hardware and screen, iPad 2 = TouchPad. So I think there is no much different about the main program, no need much adjustment. So the problem why webOS lack of games is more likely about "Will" from developers and maybe a bit "Politics". Sorry If I'm wrong, but that's in my head right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by brosmaniac View Post
    ...every time I try to download a game it shows up on the side in downloads. I click open, and it tells me "cannot open MIME files. " .??? Why do they show that they are for the HP touchpad when they don't work?? The only ones that seem to download right are from the app store.
    Whare are you downloading the games from? If they're for the TP then they may be zipped (with a .zip at the end of the file name). The TP cant open zip, exe or other files that were not meant for that platform. Thats why a computer or other device would give you a MIME error. Verify the file type (name ending).
    also only the default stock browser will install directly from browser, glimpse browser widget and adv browser will "mime error" every time, whereas the stock should install ipk's (via preware).
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I noticed the other day that some > 90% of the top 300 android apps are all games. Really? Touchscreen devices just suck for so many games, I find it hard to believe. *shrug*
    Do you have an Android to verify that? I just checked a couple of weeks ago because someone else was saying the same thing. Just in the top 50, 24 of them were games and 26 of them were non-games. 48% is a far cry from 90%.
    A gaming device with a broken accelerometer.
    Classic webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    A gaming device with a broken accelerometer.
    Classic webOS.
    Whereas Assasins Creed and Nova 2 don't have the accelerometer problem.
    Think before you speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by brosmaniac View Post
    I am new to the touchpad. With that being said, every time I try to download a game it shows up on the side in downloads. I click open, and it tells me "cannot open MIME files. " .??? Why do they show that they are for the HP touchpad when they don't work?? The only ones that seem to download right are from the app store. Where can I find some good games that download. Not overly computer savey, so please speak in laments terms.. Thanks,
    I started to reply how to install downloaded apps, but given that there are very few legitimate games available as a downloaded file I concluded that you're likely asking about installing pirated games. Not acceptable. BE GONE.

(or, please provide an example of a downloadable game you'd like to install)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    Do you have an Android to verify that? I just checked a couple of weeks ago because someone else was saying the same thing. Just in the top 50, 24 of them were games and 26 of them were non-games. 48% is a far cry from 90%.
    yeah, almost everything that I saw in the Android Market on the "Top Paid Apps" list was games. Two days ago.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast