Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Brosmaniac: you can't play pc games on a touchpad, or any other tablet. Use the app catalog to get software -- that's what its there for.
    I've been playing my older PC adventure games off the TouchPad for quite a while now. Look up ScummVM sometime

(these are definitely PC games, not ported or anything)
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    yeah, almost everything that I saw in the Android Market on the "Top Paid Apps" list was games. Two days ago.
    Yeah, it's dropped to 17 of the top 50 are non-games but that's easily explained. They did 10 apps for $0.10 cents for 10 days straight and almost all of those were games that made the top 50 because of it. Have WebOS offer the top 90 games for $0.10 and you'll say that WebOS is only made up of games too, because the top 50 apps will become games too.
    Vistaus likes this.
    The scummvm is still ported to the touchpad. Its jot just running a pc binary.

I was not aware of that sale. Unfortunately, the HP app catalog does jot allow prices lower than 0.99. I doubt that'll change anytime soon either. And there's no real framework in place to allow sales, really.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    yup bought them both and they rock on the TP!!!

thanks Gameloft :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Whereas Assasins Creed and Nova 2 don't have the accelerometer problem.
    Think before you speak.
    Obviously, I meant in general.
    Kinect Xbox 360 with a non-functional Kinect would be worthless as a gaming device as well, even if users played non-Kinect games only.
    The suggestion alone of it being a gaming device under such circumstances is preposterous.
    'Think' you too.

Besides, AC is an extremely crappy and unpolished game.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Wow talk about greed.

Day 10 The guy above says " Oh my this touchpad, no games from Gameloft this device is worthless, we should pester them for more apps "

Day 20 The same guy above " Oh my three HD games but accelerometer is broken so I cant play 1 game for a while, crap this device is worthless.. I want more I want more!

Whether it is a gaming device or not is relative to the individual. The fact that you (in your statement) deny the device being used for gaming by other folks is preposterous in its self.

Honestly how many games do you play at once? 15? See my posts here, I have been one of the plenty complaining abt the broken accelerometer but then there were no alternatives and now there are and I am happier to be able to play more games.

I said becoming a game device.. I didnt day say it was already one or stick an adjective before the word gaming to exaggerate the utility of the device. Take a break and learn to admire what you have!
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Take a break and learn to admire what you have!
    I do.
    I have an Xbox 360, a PS3, a PSP, and soon a PlayStation Vita.
    Those are gaming devices.

The TouchPad is just a tablet with a few games.
    A butter knife is not a sword, you see.

Other than that, the TouchPad is wonderful. It's just not a gaming device.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Whereas Assasins Creed and Nova 2 don't have the accelerometer problem.
    Think before you speak.
    OK, should we start hoping on an Asphalt update aswell from Gameloft that fixes the accelerometer issue in that game?
    If the accelerometer is a problem, either reboot before playing, go back to 3.0.2, or wait until 3.0.5.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    If the accelerometer is a problem, either reboot before playing, go back to 3.0.2, or wait until 3.0.5.
    If the top of your convertible getting stuck is a problem, only drive when it's not raining?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If the top of your convertible getting stuck is a problem, only drive when it's not raining?
    well, absolutely, if you lack the ability to fix it..
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    p41m3r likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I do.
    I have an Xbox 360, a PS3, a PSP, and soon a PlayStation Vita.
    Those are gaming devices.

The TouchPad is just a tablet with a few games.
    A butter knife is not a sword, you see.

Other than that, the TouchPad is wonderful. It's just not a gaming device.
    Wrong metaphor used. gaming device should be symbolic to say killing weapon.

Butter knife is not a weapon to kill a sword is, correct. But if you keep sharpening it and may extending it/ making it longer it could be.

Same way Touchpad was not a gaming device but with games being made available each day it is becoming one.

hope that helps!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12