Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I recently sold my touchpad, and I forgot to disable my account and clear my credit card with the hp app catalog. I got an iPad and I don't think I'll be going back to webOS. I'm not trying to make this a iPad vs touchpad debate as I've been accused of in the past. The iPad just works better for my needs, so I would appreciate if noboby tells me to jump in a hole.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    I'm not sure what your thread is about.
  3. #3  
    Jump in a hole.... j/k

    I think this is what you are looking for.
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

    You can then login and "wipe" the device.

    If that's not it, please describe more of what you are trying to do.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Jump in a hole.... j/k

    I think this is what you are looking for.
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

    You can then login and "wipe" the device.

    If that's not it, please describe more of what you are trying to do.
    I'm sorry I should have been more clear. When I sold my touchpad I did a secure erase then I ran webOS doctor. What I forgot to do is log into my HP app catalog account and delete my credit card from the account. I was wondering how to do that without having the touchpad.
  5. #5  
    Just use the link OldSkoolVWLover posted above and log into your account. Select the 'Device Options' button next to your account and then select 'Remove From My Account'. Do that for any/all devices under your profile and you will be good.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Just use the link OldSkoolVWLover posted above and log into your account. Select the 'Device Options' button next to your account and then select 'Remove From My Account'. Do that for any/all devices under your profile and you will be good.
    When I log into my account under device details nothing shows up. Is this because I wiped the data from my touchpad? I'm assuming because since I did a secure full erase on the touchpad then ran webos doctor to restore it to factory settings that the person who bought it can't retrieve my info. I should have done this before I did the restore but we all make mistakes sometimes.

    Thanks for all your help.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder View Post
    When I log into my account under device details nothing shows up. Is this because I wiped the data from my touchpad? I'm assuming because since I did a secure full erase on the touchpad then ran webos doctor to restore it to factory settings that the person who bought it can't retrieve my info. I should have done this before I did the restore but we all make mistakes sometimes.

    Thanks for all your help.
    I would think you are safe... but since most of us on this forum aren't and haven't been in your position, you may want to take the painful task of contacting HP directly to ensure it. I really do think you are safe by doing the secure wipe and dr you are fine and everything has been removed from that TP, but if you are concerned beyond what you did, these forums really can't help you beyond directing you to Palm/HP to get actual confirmation.

    We do have 1 known Palm employee on the boards, that may be able to help you, but at this point if you are concerned contact HP directly.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would think you are safe... but since most of us on this forum aren't and haven't been in your position, you may want to take the painful task of contacting HP directly to ensure it. I really do think you are safe by doing the secure wipe and dr you are fine and everything has been removed from that TP, but if you are concerned beyond what you did, these forums really can't help you beyond directing you to Palm/HP to get actual confirmation.

    We do have 1 known Palm employee on the boards, that may be able to help you, but at this point if you are concerned contact HP directly.
    Thank you, I will call HP just to be on the safe side. I just don't understand why when I log into my webOS account it doesn't show any devices. Is it because I did a full erase then run webOS doctor. Again thanks for your help.
  9. #9  
    Might be because device was registered to a new profile....

    For example my old webOS phones that have been wiped automatically when a new device was registered no longer show up in my profile. I have registered 4 phones to my profile, only my current phone shows up.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Jump in a hole.... j/k

    I think this is what you are looking for.
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

    You can then login and "wipe" the device.

    If that's not it, please describe more of what you are trying to do.
    This is all I get when I click on that link. Has been that way for a week for me




    HTTP Status 500 -

    type Exception report

    message

    description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

    exception

    javax.faces.FacesException: Problem in renderResponse: null
    com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DFaceletViewHandler.renderResponse(D2DFaceletViewHandler.java:294)
    com.icesoft.faces.application.D2DViewHandler.renderView(D2DViewHandler.java:159)
    com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110)
    com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100)
    com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.core.JsfLifecycleExecutor.apply(JsfLifecycleExecutor.java:18)
    com.icesoft.faces.context.View$2$1.respond(View.java:41)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.ServletRequestResponse.respondWith(ServletRequestResponse.java :167)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.ThreadBlockingAdaptingServlet$ThreadBlockingRequestResponse.re spondWith(ThreadBlockingAdaptingServlet.java:36)
    com.icesoft.faces.context.View$2.serve(View.java:48)
    com.icesoft.faces.context.View.servePage(View.java:130)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.core.MultiViewServer.service(MultiViewServer.java:62)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.common.standard.PathDispatcherServer.service(PathDispatcherServer.java :24)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.MainSessionBoundServlet.service(MainSessionBoundServlet.java:1 60)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.SessionDispatcher$1.service(SessionDispatcher.java:38)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.ThreadBlockingAdaptingServlet.service(ThreadBlockingAdaptingSe rvlet.java:19)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.EnvironmentAdaptingServlet.service(EnvironmentAdaptingServlet. java:63)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.SessionDispatcher.service(SessionDispatcher.java:55)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.PathDispatcher.service(PathDispatcher.java:23)
    com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:91)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    com.palm.ws.console.iface.filter.SessionTimeoutFilter.doFilter(SessionTimeoutFilter.java:55)
    com.palm.prima.appdiscovery.filter.MaintenanceFilter.doFilter(MaintenanceFilter.java:96)
    com.palm.prima.appdiscovery.filter.CharsetFilter.doFilter(CharsetFilter.java:46)

    note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.26 logs.
  11. #11  
    I don't get any errors logging in with Chrome. Are you using a desktop OS or webOS (or some other mobile OS)?

    If you are on a desktop OS, make sure your Java is installed and up to date.

    Good Luck
  12. #12  
    No errors for me logging in with firefox or TouchPad
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Might be because device was registered to a new profile....

    For example my old webOS phones that have been wiped automatically when a new device was registered no longer show up in my profile. I have registered 4 phones to my profile, only my current phone shows up.
    I tried to log in while the touchpad I sold was still in transit to the new buyer( I sold it on Amazon).
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiDGr8 View Post
    I don't get any errors logging in with Chrome. Are you using a desktop OS or webOS (or some other mobile OS)?

    If you are on a desktop OS, make sure your Java is installed and up to date.

    Good Luck
    Yes I was on a desktop and my Java is up to date.
  15. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #15  
    I've never had problems with that site before, and I just tried again to verify. Got the
    same ugly list of errors above.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    This is all I get when I click on that link. Has been that way for a week for me


    HTTP Status 500 -

    type Exception report
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I've never had problems with that site before, and I just tried again to verify. Got the
    same ugly list of errors above.
    I too have been facing the exact same issue and am unable to login to my profile. I urgently need to change my password and am unable to do so. By the way, I have tried three different browsers and also from the TouchPad. I ahd never ever faced this issue, until a few days ago.
    Please, let's refer all discussion regarding this issue to the following thread. --> Palm webOS profile login page not opening.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  17. #17  
    I have tried numerous attempts on various devices and am unable to connect to my account either. I get the same error code. I need to get webOs doctor for my TP that I am expecting back tomorrow from repair. Maybe its a country thing. I'm in Canada.

Posting Permissions