Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I have just received an App Catalog update to version 5.0.2800, but haven't noticed any changes so far - someone knowing more?
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Nuttin'
    Just received update also, would like to know further details too, anyone?
    2wings likes this.
    after the upgrade, I have trouble buying apps. It keeps asking me to update my Payment info. I been using the same credit :-(
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    I have just received an App Catalog update to version 5.0.2800, but haven't noticed any changes so far - someone knowing more?
    the new update has broken my app catalog. now it tries to pull it up in that idiodic emulator they have for phone apps that haven't been scaled up to the TP screen. but even that doesn't work. just an empty window.

what up HP?
    Are you sure? It runs in its normal TouchPad format, not in an emulator for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    the new update has broken my app catalog. now it tries to pull it up in that idiodic emulator they have for phone apps that haven't been scaled up to the TP screen. but even that doesn't work. just an empty window.

what up HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Are you sure? It runs in its normal TouchPad format, not in an emulator for me.
    Yup, normal here to.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    On my TouchPad the App Catalog is still working. After updating I have bought three applications.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post

what up HP?
    Mine is doing the same thing. Said HP App Catalog update failed, then that is what I'm left with, with no way to fix it. Trying to take it to the doctor, but for some reason, novacom drivers won't recognize it.

I have four TouchPads sitting here (updating things and adding CM7 for family members) and quick installer will recognize two out of four of them. Can't figure it out.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    mine updated ok and all seems good. I purchased an app and it downloaded fine.

alan
    No problems here.

But what exactly is new in this version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing. Said HP App Catalog update failed, then that is what I'm left with, with no way to fix it. Trying to take it to the doctor, but for some reason, novacom drivers won't recognize it.

I have four TouchPads sitting here (updating things and adding CM7 for family members) and quick installer will recognize two out of four of them. Can't figure it out.
    Look in the Software Manager, see if there's a yellow alert icon for the app catalog... if so, tap the icon itself to retry the update.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    For those that have a failed app catalog install.. Go to software manager scroll down to the app catalog and hit the retry icon.
    No problems here, either. All is well after the update.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

• As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    it came up as download failed for me, going into software manager and tapping the triangle to reinstall fixed it
    After update, App Cat came up in the pre emulation screen !!! It happened after I bought NOVA HD 2 for 99 cents....It wouldnt install both and it is taking a very long time to download the game.............
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieinjapan View Post
    After update, App Cat came up in the pre emulation screen !!! It happened after I bought NOVA HD 2 for 99 cents....It wouldnt install both and it is taking a very long time to download the game.............
    Ditto!

After about a half hour of downloading I did a restart and let NOVA HD and App Cat re-download and install. Second time around it took another half hour to correctly install both.

A bonus....finally have November Pivot after looking at a blank screen for a couple of months.
    Hhmm.. yes, I'm looking at 'November Pivot' too.. and it's 10 days until January!!

Don't Ya just love HP's perception of 'time'!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Hhmm.. yes, I'm looking at 'November Pivot' too.. and it's 10 days until January!!

Don't Ya just love HP's perception of 'time'!

The webOS Nation dubbed the edition the "November Pivot" not HP.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The webOS Nation dubbed the edition the "November Pivot" not HP.

Well, in that case the webOSNation may also want to check in on it's 'Calendar' too!

I'm still staring at 'HP webOS Pivot 04' The Sports Issue - November2011' here!
    I 'dub' that @ about 6 wks behind actual 'reality'!
    Wasn't 'Pivot' supposed to be monthly?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/21/2011 at 10:25 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast