Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Pivot is dead and gone.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Pivot is dead and gone.

Thats the problem.. it's dead alright.. but it's still lurking!

Quote Originally Posted by QuayPad View Post
    Ditto!

After about a half hour of downloading I did a restart and let NOVA HD and App Cat re-download and install. Second time around it took another half hour to correctly install both.
    It took me over 40 minutes to download and 20 minutes to just install NOVA 2 HD but what a game....simply WOW !!!
    I was worried cause since Im living in Japan, my internet speeds are at god like speeds....even installing an iOS game of the same size over 3G was faster than NOVA.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    the new update has broken my app catalog. now it tries to pull it up in that idiodic emulator they have for phone apps that haven't been scaled up to the TP screen. but even that doesn't work. just an empty window.

what up HP?
    That happens when the the App Catalog is still installing. Let it sit until you receive a message saying the App Catalog has been installed successfully. It may take a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The webOS Nation dubbed the edition the "November Pivot" not HP.
    Nope. It was HP.

Attached Images Attached Images
    That's the one!

Certainly looks like an HP-ism!

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I see what you are saying it's called the "Sports Issue" not the November issue. I never denied that November was the original release date. All I stated is it's not the "November Issue."
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I see what you are saying it's called the "Sports Issue" not the November issue. I never denied that November was the original release date. All I stated is it's not the "November Issue."
    Really?
    lar3ry likes this.
    I think the original question was if anyone noticed any changes to the app after update. This thread sort of went in a different direction. Anyone?
    Don't notice any difference here

--- sent from communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    I have not noticed any difference after the update and have not had any problems with it either. Do the people complaining about the nova 2 download speed realize that it is near a 1500 mb download.
    Guys I am facing the same issue as the other person. I update the app catalog and when I open it, it opens in an emulator. But the catalog still does not work! Moreover I am trying to update the quickoffice to QuickOffice HD which has the editting fuctionality but I cannot find it on the app catalog when I search it.

BTW the only solution that I have found to this issue to revert back to the original app catalog is to hard reset the TouchPad from device info.

Does anybody know the solution to this issue? BTW I had got the new os update when I was in the US but right now I am in the middle east and this is a new TouchPad, and I can't update the os nor quickoffice.

Would appreciate a reply.
    Thanks
    Please read the thread and you will find your answer about the HP App Catalog opening in an emulator window.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    johnjaycee likes this.
    Can anyone who has a later pivot magazine then 04 post a screen shot?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12