1.    #1  
    When I connect my Windows XP laptop to the touchpad and enter usb mode, I goto My Computer and click the new drive, it asks me if I want to format the drive. Obviously I would rather not but it seems I am dead in the water if I don't. I just got this today so I am not worried about losing all that much but I did run a bunch of patchs and updates on it so I have no idea what I would lose.

Is there a proper way to do this? I tried with dev mode on and off no such luck...
    Can you try plugging it into another PC? Like a Win 7 or Mac? If it works, do a scan on the USB partition.
  3.    #3  
    Only other machine I have right now is a Windows Home Server but I will give it a shot, backing up my laptop to it now anyway and going to reimage the laptop before I get started with loading Android anyway.

Just curious if anyone has had this issue, I can see the drive in Internalz, at least I assume that is the same partition...
    had the same problem with mine i did it and it messed up webOS and the doctor would not work. Had to send it into HP to get it fixed.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the 411, I have it working on my home server so it looks like I will be okay once I get my laptop reloaded.