Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm an editor at webOSfrance and just find something really interesting about a new HP touchPad Concept. See picture below

Read full article here

several important points:
    1. First of all, Just type commands are at the core of webOS to start anything.
    2. The home screen gives way to customizable widgets using the native webOS applications like email, messaging, music, documents as well as third party applications. An application could use a "widget" mode to make it possible for the user to interact directly from the main screen.
    3. Button to display the application icons undergoes a facelift but remains in the same place, at the bottom right.
    4. Further information available at the bottom of the screen like battery power, disk space, ...
    5. There is also a native integration (bottom left) of HP Cloud Services (for what services ?)

I think these ideas are really sweet ! do you ?

Source : http://www.underconsideration.com/br...o_far_away.php
    is this something in the works, or just another wishful but hopeless concept?
  3.    #3  
    This picture is made by Moving Brands in charge of creating new logos for HP. No clues if this will be the next touchpad design...

check source : A New HP: So Close, Yet So Far Away - Brand New
    I dont see webOS anywhere on this. I dont know if I like it. Maybe if I saw it in action.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Vistaus likes this.
    I like the lack of a large bezel. Hope all tablet makers are shifting in this direction.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I like the lack of a large bezel. Hope all tablet makers are shifting in this direction.
    I agree, very nice display form factor !
    WOW...that looks so freaking sweet.....
    boucles0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It's amazing what you can do when you Photoshop without the need for designing viable hardware.
    I've seen this today at hp moving brand video at engadget. I replay twice the video to see this awesome design tablet. But I think it is just a concept design. If WebOS can evolve from regular card view to tile display card like that, it is really awesome.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    It's amazing how people keep fooling themselves and trying to get their hopes up by simple stuff like this. This is just a design (drawing) by an advertising company.... Nothing more than that. HP won't build new webOS hardware (anytime soon). <edited by staff>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/09/2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: trolling comment deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I like the small bezel but I also like a dead zone for my thumb when I am holding it.

It could also represent a mock-up of a future WebOs update vs new hardware.
    tgebhardt and Vistaus like this.
    Very unattractive and dysfunctional. Defeats the purpose of WebOS.
    Vistaus likes this.
    What on...? That video's certainly intriguing. Massive dislike for the lack of cards on the new design though, the grid view should be a gesture-activated feature instead of what appears to be a complete replacement.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Actually, it is a rather interesting concept. Maybe someone can do something towards it.

*looks at video*

Whoa, what?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    A skeptic thought on the video- easily replicable given webOS Quick Install and a photoshopped wallpaper. However I don't like being a skeptic
    sorry but,. Ewww Its way to long
    I'd be interested to see that, though webOS on printers has always been a bit of a running gag
    As for the PC mockup, it looks interesting. Possibly a tad busy ui-wise, but neat nonetheless. The tablet design really doesn't float my boat though, 16:9 AND ridiculously thick? Ew ew ew.
    TableTopFreak likes this.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    looks way too wide to be useable. once you get past 16x9 for movies, why would you need more width? height seems more important (and yes I understand it would probably rotate)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont see webOS anywhere on this. I dont know if I like it. Maybe if I saw it in action.

same here. Looks nothing like traditional webos. I hate the 'widget' look. I much prefer how it is currently.
    Keanu_ and hedont like this.
    Is there a way you can repost the video? A lot of us missed it and would love a peek!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast