Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  1. naptime's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #1  
    wondering if anyone has any ideas.


    i have been using MY touchpad since the firesale. i have always run the updates. i have doctored it once. i've got preware on it. i'm running all the patches i need, etc..

    i have never had a problem..

    well, except that i doctored it and started over once, to hopefully solve the media not updating because of that one log patch...


    anyway... i ordered two more for my mom and dad.

    both arrived today. brand new.

    both have webos 3.02 on them.

    before installing preware and the patches, i wanted to get them up to date with 3.04.

    problem..

    in the system updates, it poudly says that my system is up to date with 3.02

    both are saying this .. hmmmm


    how can i update to 3.04 if the touchpads don't give me the option to download and install?

    this is strange...

    i have not seen this on mine, or my daughters. and i have walked 8 friends through setting up theirs and getting preware and patches installed. and have never seen one that doesn't recognize that it needs to be updated.


    any ideas?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    wondering if anyone has any ideas.


    i have been using MY touchpad since the firesale. i have always run the updates. i have doctored it once. i've got preware on it. i'm running all the patches i need, etc..

    i have never had a problem..

    well, except that i doctored it and started over once, to hopefully solve the media not updating because of that one log patch...


    anyway... i ordered two more for my mom and dad.

    both arrived today. brand new.

    both have webos 3.02 on them.

    before installing preware and the patches, i wanted to get them up to date with 3.04.

    problem..

    in the system updates, it poudly says that my system is up to date with 3.02

    both are saying this .. hmmmm


    how can i update to 3.04 if the touchpads don't give me the option to download and install?

    this is strange...

    i have not seen this on mine, or my daughters. and i have walked 8 friends through setting up theirs and getting preware and patches installed. and have never seen one that doesn't recognize that it needs to be updated.


    any ideas?
    I got mine yesterday and the same thing happened to me. I had to manually update it to 3.04.
  3. naptime's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    I got mine yesterday and the same thing happened to me. I had to manually update it to 3.04.
    manually?

    with the doctor?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    manually?

    with the doctor?
    Download the latest here. Make sure you download the right one.

    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    also have you tried a total wipe? I found it the other day. You can have it wipe everything, even your photos and videos from the device. Its in device info and reset options. Try that maybe. Just remember to back everything up.
    Last edited by djphatjive; 12/14/2011 at 07:45 PM.
  5. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #5  
    Since 3.0.4 brought along many bugs, and many users complained of having their TPs forced into upgrading.. it seems they are disallowing pushing updates atm and holding of till 3.0.5
  6. naptime's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    Download the latest here. Make sure you download the right one.

    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    also have you tried a total wipe? I found it the other day. You can have it wipe everything, even your photos and videos from the device. Its in device info and reset options. Try that maybe. Just remember to back everything up.
    there's nothing to wipe.

    both of these are brand new. fresh out of the box today.

    i'm trying to get them setup, and patched, and put back into the boxes, as they are for my parents for christmas.

    but they aren't updating to 3.04 they aren't even recognizing that they need to.

    i'm gonna try and doctor them and see what happens.

    i'm reading another thread that the doctor isnt working for some people recently...

    maybe i should just leave them at 3.02 for now.
  7. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #7  
    you will be better off with 3.0.2 for now
  8. #8  
    I've had TP since a few weeks before the 3.0.4 update came out and I had problems getting it to update as well. Automatic updates kept telling me that 3.0.2 was the most recent update available and WebOS doctor wouldn't work either (it kept stalling at 12%). I eventually decided that the TP worked fine with 3.0.2 and that I should leave well enough alone before I turned my new toy into a shiny paperweight in my efforts to "fix" it. I finally got a notice from automatic updates that 3.0.4 was ready to install sometime around Thanksgiving so maybe yours will sort themselves out eventually too.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Since 3.0.4 brought along many bugs, and many users complained of having their TPs forced into upgrading.. it seems they are disallowing pushing updates atm and holding of till 3.0.5
    Not true.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  10. naptime's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
       #10  
    i'm happy with mine at 3.04.

    i just left these alone. i have run the doctor before with no problems. but, i didnt want to risk screwing these up so close to christmas.

    so i just left them at 3.02 and was still able to run webosquickinstall, all the patches, uberkernal, govnah, etc...

    i'll leave them like that until they decide to realize they need updating.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    i'm happy with mine at 3.04.

    i just left these alone. i have run the doctor before with no problems. but, i didnt want to risk screwing these up so close to christmas.

    so i just left them at 3.02 and was still able to run webosquickinstall, all the patches, uberkernal, govnah, etc...

    i'll leave them like that until they decide to realize they need updating.
    Your device is not connecting properly to the update service. It's not going to "realize" anything, there is no easy fix except doctoring your device or you can stay on 3.0.2 until you ever decide to "fix" the issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    you will be better off with 3.0.2 for now
    Exactly....

    If only mine would stop wanting to update too.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Not true.
    I was just about to ask for source on that one....

    I need to update my one device I just activated.

    Any idea what the server issue is? I really don't want to doctor if I don't have to, I haven't tried to update yet, just set it up and let it sync everything over the weekend.

    Last I checked the palm profile, device still showed 3.0.0, but I haven't been using the device.




    Still amazed by all the people not updating to 3.0.4 yet.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Posting Permissions