Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    i googled and come up blank..
    how do i right click a file..

thanx for replies
    You don't right click. What is it that you are trying to accomplish?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Are you trying to save a file, or link?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Most likely the options you want are tap and hold your finger to get options
    Use the hand where the thumb is on the left side.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
  6.    #6  
    for one, i try to download file from my dropbox..
    i need the menu that i can only get from right click ..
    long press doesnt get it
    What is the file type first? Guessing you are using the browser, you may need to get the app.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by amkaos View Post
    for one, i try to download file from my dropbox..
    i need the menu that i can only get from right click ..
    long press doesnt get it
    Why not install the free dropbox app for the TP? Works very wel, for me.
    Edit: there is no right click in the browser to download files.
  9.    #9  
    i do have box.net.. but it's filesize limit is to small for movies etc..

i also have dropbox that doesnt limit filesize, but i need a menu that is only visible from right click.

i realize that TP isnt really supported by dropbox .. im just trying to find a way for Any cloud to do what i need..

soo,, if you all know of a cloud that supports TP and doesnt have such a small limit on free accts, i would really appreciate that..

thanx

edit:: corrected site names
    Last edited by amkaos; 12/15/2011 at 12:03 PM.
    i do have dropbox.. but it's filesize limit is to small for movies etc..

i also have box.net that doesnt limit filesize, but i need a menu that is only visible from right click.

i realize that TP isnt really supported by box.net .. im just trying to find a way for Any cloud to do what i need..

soo,, if you all know of a cloud that supports TP and doesnt have such a small limit on free accts, i would really appreciate that..

thanx
    box.net has more support for the TP than dropbox technically (box.net is/was a TP launch partner).

There is a box.net app on TP.

Can you be more specific to file type and what you are trying to do? I have used box.net to download .patch/.ipk/music/and pictures.

Also I am confused because your earlier post stated you needed to get something from dropbox, now you are saying box.net
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    box.net has more support for the TP than dropbox technically (box.net is/was a TP launch partner).

There is a box.net app on TP.

Can you be more specific to file type and what you are trying to do? I have used box.net to download .patch/.ipk/music/and pictures.

Also I am confused because your earlier post stated you needed to get something from dropbox, now you are saying box.net
    well, sorry .. i did confuse the two names..

i wanted the right click for dropbox..
    i did get the box.net from the apps in TP and it has the small file size limits

thanx
    I'm sure you already figured out that we don't understand what you want.
    Can you specify your problem like:
    I'm using the xyz app and can't download this zvk file with size abcGByte.
    That would help to get an answer.
    well, sorry .. i did confuse the two names..

i wanted the right click for dropbox..
    i did get the box.net from the apps in TP and it has the small file size limits

thanx
    Thanks, that make more sense. If I get time later today I will play around with dropbox. Since I was an early adopter, my 50 gig box.net doesn't have the small limit, not that I use it for large items any ways on my 32 gig.

Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I'm sure you already figured out that we don't understand what you want.
    Can you specify your problem like:
    I'm using the xyz app and can't download this zvk file with size abcGByte.
    That would help to get an answer.
    This too, can't trouble shoot much without more specifics so we can attempt to replicate.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks, that make more sense. If I get time later today I will play around with dropbox. Since I was an early adopter, my 50 gig box.net doesn't have the small limit, not that I use it for large items any ways on my 32 gig.

This too, can't trouble shoot much without more specifics so we can attempt to replicate.
    1. problem:: dropbox wont let me d/l a small avi test file (50mb)
    help on that forum ultimately says that tp isnt supported, so nothing will work..
    thats why i wanted the right click menu..

2. box.net has such small filesize limits that i cannot store media there..

3. soo, if there are other clouds w/ free accts that will up / download..bigger files,
    that would be great..

thanx
    Okay I think there was confusion here. Are you actually using the dropbox app? I think the confusion was back when you switched the names around.

The dropboxify app should work fine, I just downloaded a file to my Pre3 no problem.
  16.    #16  
    Okay I think there was confusion here. Are you actually using the dropbox app? I think the confusion was back when you switched the names around.

The dropboxify app should work fine, I just downloaded a file to my Pre3 no problem.
    im talking about both..
    dropbox does not work for touchpad.

box.net has such small file limits, i cant store media.

if you get it to work for vid files... i dont know what you could be doing differently..
    this is a tiny thread from their forum that talks exactly about it...

cant download my files Dropbox Forums

thanx
    You need either dropboxify (the app), from what I can tell looks like the HD app has been pulled, looking at post count and join date, you probably don't have a legit way to get the non-hd version.

Or you can try gemini file manager that has been said to have dropbox support (I have not used it so I can not tell you what the level of support is). supposed to be a good file manager for a few bux.

Can't recall if Jason is adding any cloud support to Internalz HD.

Your problem lies in trying to use the web browser, it has nothing to do with TouchPad support which is probably what is confusing us on being able to fully assist you. When you kept saying you were using the dropbox app, I assumed that meant you had the app, not using the browser.

I have downloaded from both my TouchPad and Pre3 using the app today.
  18.    #18  
    You need either dropboxify (the app), from what I can tell looks like the HD app has been pulled, looking at post count and join date, you probably don't have a legit way to get the non-hd version.

Or you can try gemini file manager that has been said to have dropbox support (I have not used it so I can not tell you what the level of support is). supposed to be a good file manager for a few bux.

Can't recall if Jason is adding any cloud support to Internalz HD.

Your problem lies in trying to use the web browser, it has nothing to do with TouchPad support which is probably what is confusing us on being able to fully assist you. When you kept saying you were using the dropbox app, I assumed that meant you had the app, not using the browser.

I have downloaded from both my TouchPad and Pre3 using the app today.
    i will try dropboxify tomorrow.. ty

EDIT::

so,, this dropboxify thing is exactly what i was missing... got it going now...

TY verry much..
    Last edited by amkaos; 12/16/2011 at 09:38 AM.
    i will try dropboxify tomorrow.. ty

EDIT::

so,, this dropboxify thing is exactly what i was missing... got it going now...

TY verry much..
    Awesome, glad you got it...

My app catalog wasn't working yesterday (on TouchPad), but did find the HD version in the app catalog this morning.

Glad we got the confusion worked out.
    I want to apologize for making a joke from your problem. Only because I haven't understood your problem.
    So mods feel free to subtract 10 "thanks" from my account.
    Hopefully this was no infraction.
    Glad we got the solution.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast