webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > TouchPad Photo Sort Order
TouchPad Photo Sort Order

Old 12/14/2011, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Can someone tell me how your photos are sorted in an Album? I have loaded some pictures from my main computer to an Album using Wifi TP File Browser program (love it a must for every TP user) and the order seems to be filename alphabetized. Since I wanted them is a special order (date – time) and you cannot sort your album I smartly was thinking: With Internalz I can rename the files and that way control the display order – hmmmm that did not work. Do I have to delete the Album and pictures? Rename them in the order I want on the main computer and then upload them to the folder? Or is there a pre-order file that needs to be updated on the TP after I have renamed the files? By the way I am current with all software revisions.
Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/20/2012, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Can someone tell me how your photos are sorted in an Album? I have loaded some pictures from my main computer to an Album using Wifi TP File Browser program (love it a must for every TP user) and the order seems to be filename alphabetized. Since I wanted them is a special order (date – time) and you cannot sort your album I smartly was thinking: With Internalz I can rename the files and that way control the display order – hmmmm that did not work. Do I have to delete the Album and pictures? Rename them in the order I want on the main computer and then upload them to the folder? Or is there a pre-order file that needs to be updated on the TP after I have renamed the files? By the way I am current with all software revisions.
Bjarne,
I am currently having this same problem in ordering photos in an album for slide-show viewing. Since you did not get any replies to this posting, did you figure out a solution to this problem?
WhineAndGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 05:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

I was having the same issue today, where most pictures were sorted correctly on the Touchpad, while about one fifth showed up on top, ignoring their creation date. Reason for that was that these picture have been rotated using the MS Windows Photo Viewer, which sets the EXIF field "Modify Date". To get rid of this field, the easiest way for me was to remove it using exiftool:
$ exiftool -ModifyDate= *.jpg
After that, the pictures show up in correct order on the Touchpad
mephinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have a similar problem: My pictures are always sorted in reverse(!) order in the picture viewer..
So if I want to show them in the right order I always have to start with the last picture.
The Touchpad from my wife shows exactly the same behaviour. I couldn´t find a setting to change this.
We both have the last offical WebOS-Version installed (3.0.5).

Do you have any idea, what I can do to fix this?
Reginald Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

My app, Slideshow Presentation HD allows you to sort your pictures how you want for your slideshow, and even lets you do a ton of other options.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...presentationhd
Two Outta Three! - A coin flip game
Chore Tracker Pro - A chore organizing app
Peek-A-Dash - A tumblr dashboard client that runs in a multitasking system popup

Donate link to support my work
thricetwice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
internalz, photo sort order, wifi tp file browser

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0