Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By copasetic
  1.    #1  
    Telenav just released its first Nav suite for developers using HTML5 browsers (which should include the TP). Does this mean we should start seeing some real solutions (especially if we tether the TP to a pre, etc)?

TeleNav launches browser-based turn-by-turn GPS navigation using HTML 5 -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Telenav just released its first Nav suite for developers using HTML5 browsers (which should include the TP). Does this mean we should start seeing some real solutions (especially if we tether the TP to a pre, etc)?

TeleNav launches browser-based turn-by-turn GPS navigation using HTML 5 -- Engadget
    Touchpad doesn't have GPS. So I think not. Could maybe link a bluetooth gps receiver up and it might.
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    Touchpad doesn't have GPS. So I think not. Could maybe link a bluetooth gps receiver up and it might.
    Actually, like the OP already mentioned, the Touchpad can be "tethered" to an external GPS device over Bluetooth. You can either use a standard receiver available fairly cheap over ebay, or you can use turn an old Pre into one by installing PreGO GPS on it. (The Pre doesn't need to still be activated or anything either).
    Or just use your iphone / android phone / pre / whatever instead of the hassle of tethering and screwing around.

I'll never understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtravbx View Post
    Or just use your iphone / android phone / pre / whatever instead of the hassle of tethering and screwing around.

People like the option to use a large screen, that's why.
    Couple things... the nav software would have to support the BT profile for BT GPS

Now the other possible issue, even if the HTML5 software is programmed to access BT GPS, will the browser be able to see and use that signal. Maybe a question for metaview.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Tweet sent to metaview with link to this thread...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by xtravbx View Post

We also do it to irritate trolls...
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.