1.    #1  
    When I load up Maptools pro the TomTom MKII connects but when I try to connect the tomtom through the bluetooth function of the touchpad, it doesn't connect, so I cannot use this with Navit as I have no connection.
    Navit will not yet recognise an option for External Bluetooth GPS Reciever (dammit!).
    Maptool Pro apparantly will.
    Try changing the name of the Tomtom in Blutooth Preferences in the TP to INclude the letters 'GPS'?

3.    #3  
    Thanks, did not know that about Navit.
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
    Thanks, did not know that about Navit.
    No Probs. Nor did I, until I'd already bought an external BT GPS Receiver and found out the hard way!
    Wifi-only TP's? Surely?
    Spoke with the Developer anyway and they've got 'Language Problems' with piping the info into Navit.

5.    #5  
    Any ideas why the TomTom won't connect to the touchpad itself?
    Via Bluetooth?

Are you getting 'Paired but not connected'?

My understanding is that once paired in Bluetooth you then need an App to 'connect' internally via software, to then recieve the GPS data.

Often this App (Maptool Pro in this case) requires the Bluetooth reciever to include "GPS" in it's naming in order to 'see' it.

So Maptool Pro is installed to the Touchpad and the Tom Tom GPS provides it with satellite data via Bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
    Any ideas why the TomTom won't connect to the touchpad itself?
    1. pair bluetooth gps tomtom mkii with touchpad. don't worry about the message "not connected". you are good to go as long as it's paired.
    2. fire up mapping tools pro, from within mapping tools pro, select tomtom mkii
    3. you're in business.

If you installed cm7, inside cm7, install an app called "Bluetooth GPS Provider", then you can use iGo, Sygic, etc etc on your touchpad. Those are REAL gps with poi search functions.