Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, i was talking to HP chat, about open source and if webOS 2.x will be available for legacy devices, than i was asking if the touchpad was going to ever be available again. then she said what's in the picture. She said it Android would be available in a software update once, they sign the deal....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    this isnt doctored is it? through chrome(inspect element etc)? Or this reps effing with you.
  3.    #3  
    i don't know what doctored means.. but, i hope so.. haha, it would make sense though since you can now acsess the android market with a non-android device..
    I want to chalk this up as complete misinformation, but part of me is wondering if this is an indication of Dalvik or whatever...making Android based apps available within webOS. Longshot, probably. Hah.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    That totally did not happen.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    fxspec06 and knownboyofno like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    this isnt doctored is it? through chrome(inspect element etc)? Or this reps effing with you.
    Wouldn't be the first time I got misinformation from a rep. Can't say if they're effing with us or just confused. Either way I take what they say with a grain of salt. Most companies look for the lowest cost on helpdesk so you're unlikely to get the best informed / insightful folks.
    That HP rep was on something. That conversation didnt even make sense.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Those chat folks are probably not the group that the HP brass trusts with yet to released major company news.
    If I had a nickel for every unfounded saying from random tech support chats...
    And I thought the next update brings us windows 8?
    bluenote, fxspec06, Rnp and 1 others like this.
  11.    #11  
    i'm not saying it's true, i'm just saying that's what she told me.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    so they will'port firefox to webos. Great.

alan
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ha. Next update will bring win8! (snicker)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    That HP rep was on something. That conversation didnt even make sense.
    Well, might not be his first language...
    an HP REP said something? omg stop the presses!! Put this on the front page! Alert CNN!
    geeksquadkid and Rnp like this.
    Since when do HP reps know anything? Last time one told me there was a white touchpad 64 gb. pifft like thats true.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Since when do HP reps know anything? Last time one told me there was a white touchpad 64 gb. pifft like thats true.
    Maybe I misunderstod your post, but a member of our pug berljn has such a TP.
    At this point, you can expect everything from HP.
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    ha. Next update will bring win8! (snicker)
    I for one, would really like that. I wouldn't switch to android-only though.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post

64Gb. 1.5Ghz. White back-cover.

~~~

So was HP-chat trying to tell us that the Firefox Browser is to be included in '3.0.5' or '3.1.0' or whatever the next update may be labelled??

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/13/2011 at 05:42 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast