Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I feel so much better they have given your money back. As I am sure you must too. I was going to try and get mine today too but having your refund come back so fast now makes me wonder. There are two ways I am thinking about this, I made the purchase and hope it still is delivered and if it does not then it is 150.00 that I wasted for the INJURY I placed upon my WebOS family.

I'm a catholic person so I wish you all a Marry Christmas. But as a catholic I respect all others and in that manor I wish all a great happy holiday season.

WebOS Nation friend,
    Scott
    I strongly advice, that you again read my post above. Post #42
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/13/2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I strongly advice, that you read my post above, again. Post #42
    I have read every posting in this thread several times over. I am very concerned. As to your posting I would not disagree with any of it. I would recommend that everyone here read what you say. As for myself I advised this group unwisely. I might request a refund later today.

Once a thread title is made it can't be changed unless an adman gets involved which has now happened. I did also edit the first posting in a BOLD way. I was going to request the thread closed but there is a lot of information on what to do now in getting funds returned and posting like yours. These need to be seen along with updates on the positive outcomes for members.
    Scott
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 12/13/2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I HAVE DELETED THE POSTING AND LINK. IT SEEMS THAT IT MAY BE A SCAM.

Isn't HP one big scam also?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I have read every posting in this thread several times over. I am very concerned. As to your posting I would not disagree with any of it. I would recommend that everyone here read what you say. As for myself I advised this group unwisely. I might request a refund later today.

Once a thread title is made it can't be changed unless an adman gets involved which has now happened. I did also edit the first posting in a BOLD way. I was going to request the thread closed but there is a lot of information on what to do now in getting funds returned and posting like yours. These need to be seen along with updates on the positive outcomes for members.
    Scott
    I think this thread should stay open or atleast as a sticky to remind us all to slow down a bit when we see "great" deals.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by darktoy View Post
    I think this thread should stay open or atleast as a sticky to remind us all to slow down a bit when we see "great" deals.
    +1
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I feel so much better they have given your money back... There are two ways I am thinking about this, I made the purchase and hope it still is delivered ...
    I'm a catholic person so I wish you all a Marry Christmas. But as a catholic I respect all others and in that manor I wish all a great happy holiday season.
    Scott
    And a happy holiday to you, too!
    - Robert.

Regarding the refunds, I was thinking about them this morning. Like you, I was surprised by the prompt and painless refund and have been wondering what this was all about.

One possibility is that the seller is legit and that the few of us panicked for no reason. Our loss and we defamed the seller.

The other possibility is that it is still a scam, and the seller paid out the few early panickers to avoid any holds of payments by PayPal. There will still be some who remain with their orders placed - maybe not knowing the discussion in this thread. This quick response to first complaints may give the seller a bit of breathing time and continuous PayPal processing with those customers who wait for weeks for delivery - and by that time he'll bail.

Now, that I am spooked, I think that this second scenario is more likely (but not certain).
    Last edited by rdwalker; 12/13/2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Thanks for this thread guys, I am in the same boat as you, purchased a 16GB as a gift (already have a 32GB), got suspicious, found this thread and then emailed the site asking for a refund, while at same time, opened a resolution dispute on paypal.

But how did you get paypal to refund you so quickly, as it says I cannot escalate my case until the 19th, even though I did get a mail from the bigbazaar site updating my status to refunded.

Be interested to know what else you done with paypal to get a quick resolution?

For me, this is a good lesson, "trust your gut feel" but I was blinded by a supposedly god deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer2thefall View Post
    Thanks for this thread guys, I am in the same boat as you, purchased a 16GB as a gift (already have a 32GB), got suspicious, found this thread and then emailed the site asking for a refund, while at same time, opened a resolution dispute on paypal. Ĥ

But how did you get paypal to refund you so quickly, as it says I cannot escalate my case until the 19th, even though I did get a mail from the bigbazaar site updating my status to refunded.

Be interested to know what else you done with paypal to get a quick resolution?

For me, this is a good lesson, "trust your gut feel" but I was blinded by a supposedly god deal!
    I didn't do any more than you did. Just give paypal a little time. I'm sure by tonight or tomorrow morning you'll get your refund back.
    I'm still waiting for paypal to remove the hold so I can transfer the money back to my account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I didn't do any more than you did. Just give paypal a little time. ...
    As the man said...
    In mine and fxspec06's case, it took about 24h from the moment the seller notified me of refund to PayPal posting an actual refund.
    I don't want anyone to not get a TouchPad that wants one, but I'd press for that refund. One of the other tells here is that it doesn't sound like the seller is responding to the purchasers in any way other than approving refunds. If they were legit, wouldn't they at minimum take steps to assure these buyers & this site that they were indeed legitimate? I mean, that could work in reverse as expanding the scam, but seriously...if I was a legit resale business & I got a flood of orders, cancellations, and notes that a particular forum was indicating I was running a scam, I'd want to clear the air not only by offering the refund, but by reassuring my buyers that my shop was legit. Language barrier or not.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    my initial paypal receipt said the payment went to Adam Smith?

so da da da na...who is Adam Smith LOL
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    bump for Mr. Smith
    AmigaOS lives !
    Did anyone actually receive the refund? I know couple of you saw the refund in paypal but with a hold on it. I've initiated my refund process with both paypal and Amex and waiting on their response.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Did anyone actually receive the refund? I know couple of you saw the refund in paypal but with a hold on it. I've initiated my refund process with both paypal and Amex and waiting on their response.
    I got the refund for both transactions I made, 16GB and the 32GB.

Never had any communication from the seller except the original receipt.

I saved the link to the "deal" and now their stock went up to 15, I guess from all of us here asking for refunds.
    Quote Originally Posted by darktoy View Post
    I got the refund for both transactions I made, 16GB and the 32GB.

Never had any communication from the seller except the original receipt.

I saved the link to the "deal" and now their stock went up to 15, I guess from all of us here asking for refunds.
    How did you get your refund so quickly? Paypal states you have to wait a week before escalating it to a claim (to give the seller an opportunity to respond, I guess).
    I called PayPal and the hold was there because they fronted the money for the purchase then transfered the money from my acct. When the refund was made they had to send the money back which takes 2-5 days since I used my bank acct.

I got my refund back now. I wonder if anyone who kept their order will actually receive it...
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 12/16/2011 at 06:58 PM.
    site is down now??..
    AmigaOS lives !
    good news in that I got my $150 back from EBay after their investigation so thanks to EBay :-)

now I'm just going to try to find one locally for my 2'nd TP to avoid any more scammers
    AmigaOS lives !
    Did anyone actually get any TouchPad from this site? Because the site and deal are still up. I actually came across it searching for deals on TouchPads. That's also how I ended up in webOS Nation forums, researching the seller. So I saw a lot of people CONCERNED and asking for refunds, but why exactly? Just based on suspicions? Did anyone actually get a product?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234