Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Be careful of this. Free shipping to no matter what country you are in? I had Touchpad purchasing experience like this and turned out to be a scam.
    They are a real store, so they DO exist. At least it's not some phantom scheme.

Big Bazaar India - Review of Big Bazaar India

http://www.fullhyderabad.com/profile/locations/41590/2
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

1) 16GB Touchpads are going for well over $200 on eBay at the moment - I see one as high as $270 and the auction isn't over yet. Why would any business settle for a $50 markup on a product when people are COMPETING to pay a $170 markup? Also, shipping from India has got to be at least $20 or more to the USA, so they would really only have a $30 profit at most? Ridiculous.

2) The real Big Bazaar India store as a different URL - they are setup as a subdomain of goindia.com, not bigbazaardiscount.com

3) The bigbazaardiscount.com domain was only registered a few months ago, and is registered privately instead of to a company.

domain: bigbazaardiscount.com
    created: 08-Sep-2011
    last-changed: 10-Sep-2011
    registration-expiration: 08-Sep-2012
    registrant-email: proxy2862743@1and1-private-registration.com
    4) Their paypal payment address is not registered in the name of their company, but just to an email address - payment3@workmail.com
    One more thing. If they say they are shipping from India, a reasonable person will expect it to take perhaps 2 weeks to receive the touchpads. That means they have plenty time to withdraw the money from Paypal before disputes are filed and the money is held. Even if some customers get suspicious and file disputes before then, Paypal will not necessarily hold the payments of the other more trusting customers, so they can take the rest of the cash and run with it. If they can escape with a few thousand dollars from this, that's a month's salary for a lot of us in the US, and if they are actually in India that's a year's salary for a lot of people, so is totally worth it. They can sit pretty and then pull another scam with another hot item 6 months from now and be living quite well.
    30 day return policy... not bad. Though, how much does it cost to ship a college ruled pad of paper that you can touch?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Sorry to be a party pooper...
    Yes, you are! Of course, I should have smelled the coffee before placing the order this morning, because of course you are quite correct. I have no idea how I missed classic signs of a scam... my mind must have been mush after trying to get the TP in last night's fire sale.

I sent a note to BigBazaar asking for order cancellation and for refund, and I did file a resolution note with PayPal. I'll escalate to claim in a day or two.

Will keep you posted. I hate then the cynics here are right!
    Last edited by rdwalker; 12/12/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    I sent a note to BigBazaar asking for order cancellation and for refund, and I did file a resolution note with PayPal. I'll escalate to claim in a day or two.
    Interesting.

I received an email from them about change of status of order, showing "Refunded". Nothing on PayPal's side yet.
    We'll see if I can extricate myself from this misstep.
    That is an incredibly well put together site, if it is a scam. It's also probably too well put together for a site in India. And they apparently have an unlimited stock of 64gb touchpads. .. also, searching the entire site, they only seem to have 5 or 6 different products. all touchpads, iphones, blackberries.

The BEST case I'd be thinking here, is that they are going to take your monies, and then attempt to ebay the items ordered, for less than what you paid for them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Yes, you are! Of course, I should have smelled the coffee before placing the order this morning, because of course you are quite correct. I have no idea how I missed classic signs of a scam... my mind must have been mush after trying to get the TP in last night's fire sale.

Will keep you posted. I hate then the cynics here are right!
    Interesting.

I received an email from them about change of status of order, showing "Refunded". Nothing on PayPal's side yet.
    We'll see if I can extricate myself from this misstep.
    I think I'm about to do the same thing. I'll let you know what happens.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

My order status has changed to 'refunded' now, but no money back in paypal account.

I'll feel silly if they actually ship, but at least I won't get robbed if the money is in my account.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I think I'm about to do the same thing. I'll let you know what happens.
    What resolution note did you choose from Paypal?

I only see two options ...

Item never arrived
    I didn't make the order

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darktoy View Post

Item never arrived
    I didn't make the order

Thanks
    I chose the 'Item never arrived' option, and wrote a very long explanation of what happened, what I wrote to them, and why I'm changing my order.

Item never arrived
    I didn't make the order

Thanks
    "Item never arrived."
    Then, I described the situation that the site does not indicate that it is an off-shore seller and that it is a non-verified seller and that I asked for refund. No more than this, it's not the place for long-winded cry-stories.

This way, your resolution process is started and you will be able to file a claim in a week. If you wait with first complaint, your ability to file a claim will be delayed as well.

Do not forget to contact the seller and ask for refund. PayPal expects that you attempt a good-faith effort of resolving the issue directly. Actually, the fact that the seller states that a refund is processed will work in your favor if no $ show up.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    "Item never arrived."
    Then, I described the situation that the site does not indicate that it is an off-shore seller and that it is a non-verified seller and that I asked for refund. No more than this, it's not the place for long-winded cry-stories.

This way, your resolution process is started and you will be able to file a claim in a week. If you wait with first complaint, your ability to file a claim will be delayed as well.

Do not forget to contact the seller and ask for refund. PayPal expects that you attempt a good-faith effort of resolving the issue directly. Actually, the fact that the seller states that a refund is processed will work in your favor if no $ show up.
    Yes. I really didn't want to wait. The longer you wait, the worse off it is.

I can't believe I just bought w/o looking into the legitimacy of the site. I'm really slacking on my scam-meter. There is practically no contact information.. but I did send an email asking for a refund.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Yes. I really didn't want to wait. The longer you wait, the worse off it is.

I can't believe I just bought w/o looking into the legitimacy of the site. I'm really slacking on my scam-meter. There is practically no contact information.. but I did send an email asking for a refund.
    I've sent an email replying to the one they sent me.

Should I send one to their paypal email as well?

I've called my credit card company and they can't do anything until it has been charged. Both purchases are pending but in paypal it states completed.
    I ordered 2 16gs for gifts. If it turns out to be a scam, I have paypal AND American Express protection working for me. I'll give the seller 3 days to respond to my email asking for shipping status. If they don't respond, I'm going to initiate the charge back process.
    I've sent an email replying to the one they sent me.
    Should I send one to their paypal email as well?
    I've called my credit card company and they can't do anything until it has been charged. Both purchases are pending but in paypal it states completed.
    I contacted the seller directly by using their on-site contact form. ("Contact Us"). Apparently that works because, almost immediately, I received the email that order status is changed to Refunded.

Regarding refunds: indeed, credit card company will not handle complaints until a charge shows up. Your first line of defense is PayPal's resolution process, start it as soon as possible to get the one-week clock ticking. In the meantime, you can work with your credit card company once the charge is posted.

And, yes:
    ... I can't believe I just bought w/o looking into the legitimacy of the site. I'm really slacking on my scam-meter. ...
    I cannot believe I fell for it as well. I guess, ever so often we need a reminder that we are not that smart after all...
    darktoy likes this.
    Hey guys, I have been viewing this site for a while when I saw this deal today and gave into my gullibility to pay some guy in Chicago for setting up such a beautifully crafted fake site. Anyways I was wondering if there was a way for all of us "suckers" to contact paypal as a group to speed up this claim.

Also, I would not like to tarnish anyone's name but what happened to the member "Finally Pre" who found such a small website, told us that we have 5 minutes before the deal ends, seemed so concerned that we weren't jumping to buy them up, told us that he bought some then comforted us that we could get our money back before anyone had a suspicion it was a scam? If you do some reading you will see that's a common way for con men to convince people. I don't know this member and I see he is a forum leader but its the internet, anything could happen.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...ardiscount.com
    From what I've seen, Paypal is usually good at protecting buyers from fraud, so by rasing a dispute right away you can be confident you will get your money back. Best case scenario the scammers realise you're not going to be a sucker and refund your money right away. Worst case they ignore your request and it takes a few weeks for Paypal to resolve the matter and refund you. Hopefully that'll happen before your credit card bill is due and so you don't end up having to take any cash out of pocket...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast