Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By catallah
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I tried emailing the mods about this awhile back but no one ever responded. I used to have a touchpad but returned it when the case broke near the speaker. Then before getting a new one all the news of the touchpads being held in production came out. None the less I was one of the people who received a $50 credit towards apps. This has been sitting in my inbox since that time. It will expire on jan 1, 2012. I would like to give it away to a developer in need.

In the end I just do not want this $50 to go to waste. So if you are a developer please let me know and the code is yours.
    shrxwin likes this.
    I would be interested feel free to personal message me on the forums, I would appreciate it definitely. Thanks for the kind gesture.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    Very nice of you.

If you don't hear from a developer I will take it. I have been active in the community for years now and will use and report on apps I buy, etc.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    It has been sent out, I hope everyone enjoys the holidays!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    I would be interested feel free to personal message me on the forums, I would appreciate it definitely. Thanks for the kind gesture.
    Check your inbox...happy holidays!
    Sorry to hijack your thread but how did you get the $50 app credit from HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by godzillinois View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread but how did you get the $50 app credit from HP?
    If you owned a palm pre or other webos "legacy device" and sent in the proof of purchase within the first month of the TP being released (July) HP sent you a 50 dollar app credit.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    If you owned a palm pre or other webos "legacy device" and sent in the proof of purchase within the first month of the TP being released (July) HP sent you a 50 dollar app credit.
    Actually, there were no pre-conditions of owning a 'legacy device' and all those who created/registered their profiler on their TouchPads prior to the sale in early August, were given the $50 'app catalog' credit.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Congrats to you. But a word of warning, I seem to recall our resident HP Tech Hardbeatz saying that those credits were tied to profiles. So if you try the code and it doesn't work, it could be that you need a device linked to the OP's profile. It sounds like he may not be using it though.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Congrats to you. But a word of warning, I seem to recall our resident HP Tech Hardbeatz saying that those credits were tied to profiles. So if you try the code and it doesn't work, it could be that you need a device linked to the OP's profile. It sounds like he may not be using it though.
    Yeah it seems like it might not work...sorry if I mislead anyone. I did not know there was that limitation. I guess it will just go to waste then. Sorry everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    Yeah it seems like it might not work...sorry if I mislead anyone. I did not know there was that limitation. I guess it will just go to waste then. Sorry everyone.
    Well, it sounds like you don't need your profile anymore, so you could let someone activate their TouchPad on it then use the credit. I'm not sure that sticks to the spirit of the rules for the app credit, but it should work.
    Does anyone remember if the $50 app credit had an expiration date?

Sorry, missed it in the first post :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Well, it sounds like you don't need your profile anymore, so you could let someone activate their TouchPad on it then use the credit. I'm not sure that sticks to the spirit of the rules for the app credit, but it should work.

Well that means any apps purchased would be tied to that profile then and not usable on another profile. It might be nice if you were someone that needed to use two cell phones or wanted to split a TouchPad off your account for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat View Post

1/1/2012
    Is there any way to get these app credits? I bought my TouchPad in August after the fire sale, but didn't have it sent to me in Egypt until last week. I've already spent about $50 on apps, and some of them are great.
    You had to buy before the firesale.
    Quote Originally Posted by nalek View Post
    You had to buy before the firesale.
    Actually, I Believe you had to buy before the first weekend in August, when the sale happened that knocked $100-$150 off the original price and HP gave out the credit to ease tensions.

To Orion, the OP specifically offered the code to a developer, who presumably wouldn't be as worried about which profile they were tied to. In reality, anyone with more than one TouchPad on their profile could move one over if they were so inclined.
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat View Post

Yes, I just used mine up yesterday, as the expiration date was for the end of the year. I'm slow...