Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hi guys -- just picked up a Touchpad from the latest firesale, and I recall that the standard Touchpad power adapter is similar to that of the Pre phones (except with different specifications for the presumably different battery in the Touchpad).

Since I live in the UK though, I'll need our version of the plug adapter. But can I just use the twist-off plug adapter from an old Pre Plus charger and fit it onto the OEM-included Touchpad charger?

Are the plug designs the same, or are the differences between the Touchpad and Pre chargers in the twist-off plugs themselves (and not in the cylindrical housing for the power adapter)?

Thanks for your assistance!
    that should work. Did you try it?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Not yet -- haven't received the Touchpad. But will try it out once it arrives!
    Does the UK version of the Pre Plus charger have the twist-off plug section? My US one certainly doesn't... perhaps that's something they introduced later on?

You can also use a simple US to UK plug adapter... the charger will handle the voltage fine.
    I just exchanged a pre charger twist.off thing with a TP one and both are working (German version)
    I guess since the Pre originally launched in the US only, they just made the original chargers with US plugs... then added the twist-off feature for European sales and later for the TouchPad. I don't think the charger that came with my Pre3 had the twist off thing either (I've since sold the charger as I had others, but I think it was identical to my Pre+ charger); I guess they had plenty left for the US market.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yep, every charger from my original UK Pre- to my current UK Pre3 has had the twist-off plug for both UK and European adapters. So I still have quite a few spare twist-off plugs to destroy/try this with...

Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I just exchanged a pre charger twist.off thing with a TP one and both are working (German version)
    Thanks! Sounds like it should be fine -- will give it a try once the Touchpad has been delivered!