1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to turn this off?
  2.    #2  
    I take it as a no then...
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenMC View Post
    Do you mean you have it totally powered off or in standby? If its powered down I don't think there is any way to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenMC View Post
    I take it by your lack of patience by waiting a mere three hours for a response deserves a no. This is a community based site that is built and supported around the 500k + members. During the time you was online I am unaware of the number of users currently on, but that doesn't mean someone who may have known the answer to your problem was on.

Short answer to your question. No

Below is another extensive thread on the subject

TP automatically turns on when plugged into USB
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I take it by your lack of patience by waiting a mere three hours for a response deserves a no. This is a community based site that is built and supported around the 500k + members. During the time you was online I am unaware of the number of users currently on, but that doesn't mean someone who may have known the answer to your problem was on.

Below is another extensive thread on the subject

TP automatically turns on when plugged into USB
    More like 15 hours (4:30am 7:30pm) But I was not counting, or concerned. I was just bumping it back up that's all. I figured as much about auto turn on. Just though I would ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

I had to laugh ;-)
    @StephenMC If you don't know it. HardBeatZ is working for Palm(HP) and you can feel honored to get an (un/official) answer from him.
    I tried some times to get one. Wasn't easy if happened at all.