1.    #1  
    Has anyone gone from 3.0.4 back to 3.0.2?

I have a problem with ads showing on my touchpad. Normally I would not care but It is a site I run for touchpad owners so I want to make sure they are being shown. I used to be able to see all the ads on my site but not now. I am wondering if it was the recent upgrade. So is it possible to downgrade webOS?
    It is. You can run the doctor and then stop the update process.
    What patches do you have on the pad?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    It is. You can run the doctor and then stop the update process.
    What patches do you have on the pad?
    I just did a total reload of 3.0.4 and it still does it. So I have no idea what is going on. That is why I feel it might be the actual update. I want to temporarily put 3.0.2 back on to test this. So it is possible? Do you have a touchpad? Can you go to Flash browser games for flash enabled tablets and phones and tell me if you can see the ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    I just did a total reload of 3.0.4 and it still does it. So I have no idea what is going on. That is why I feel it might be the actual update. I want to temporarily put 3.0.2 back on to test this. So it is possible? Do you have a touchpad? Can you go to Flash browser games for flash enabled tablets and phones and tell me if you can see the ads?
    Yes, its possible to roll back to 3.0.2. I did this recently when it was discovered that the 3.0.4 update breaks the messaging app functionallity/wifi dropout issue makes it unusable. Just run the doctor for 3.0.2 and it will basically do a wipe and reinstall. I've been careful to not charge it with wifi on so that it won't prompt me to then update back to 3.0.4, its been a few weeks now and everything is running smoothly.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirotan View Post
    Yes, its possible to roll back to 3.0.2. I did this recently when it was discovered that the 3.0.4 update breaks the messaging app functionallity/wifi dropout issue makes it unusable. Just run the doctor for 3.0.2 and it will basically do a wipe and reinstall. I've been careful to not charge it with wifi on so that it won't prompt me to then update back to 3.0.4, its been a few weeks now and everything is running smoothly.
    Well I went back to 3.0.2 and I still can not see the ads on my site.. I can't see them on my other personal website either. This is really weird. Someone please tell me if you can see them on my site. I need to know if it is my touchpad or everyones that can't see them.
    I don't see your ads on my 3.0.4 touchpad, but I do have the Ad Blocker patch installed (I actually don't mind ads per se, I just mind the extra loading/rendering time waiting for them). I do see them on my desktop browser (IE9), but I imagine you already knew that.
    You should wait and see what 3.0.5 update brings in fixes IMO.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You should wait and see what 3.0.5 update brings in fixes IMO.
    There is going to be one? I am installing 3.0.4 back on now. Its so weird. It worked fine until like a few days ago. I have also seen it not working on other peoples sites too. Really strange.
  9.    #9  
    Well if anyone can let me know if they can see them on their touchpad I would be totally grateful.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I don't see any ads on that page regardless of which browser I load it with
    (Firefox, IE, Chrome, or the Touchpad @ 3.0.2). FF and Touchpad have ad blockers,
    the other do not. Looks identical in all of them.

ian
  11.    #11  
    It is not just my site. I have found that no ads from google adsense are shown on my touchpad. From any site. Very strange. Could javascript be messed up on the touchpad or something? I have reloaded the TP 3 times and once I did the total erase usb and all.

I wish someone with a touchpad that doesn't have ad blocker would test this for me.
  12.    #12  
    They found out what it is. Check Google's adsense known issues page on Monday. I found a bug in their system. Problem is it can't be fixed until January.