Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone gone from 3.0.4 back to 3.0.2?

    I have a problem with ads showing on my touchpad. Normally I would not care but It is a site I run for touchpad owners so I want to make sure they are being shown. I used to be able to see all the ads on my site but not now. I am wondering if it was the recent upgrade. So is it possible to downgrade webOS?
  2. #2  
    It is. You can run the doctor and then stop the update process.
    What patches do you have on the pad?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    It is. You can run the doctor and then stop the update process.
    What patches do you have on the pad?
    I just did a total reload of 3.0.4 and it still does it. So I have no idea what is going on. That is why I feel it might be the actual update. I want to temporarily put 3.0.2 back on to test this. So it is possible? Do you have a touchpad? Can you go to Flash browser games for flash enabled tablets and phones and tell me if you can see the ads?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    I just did a total reload of 3.0.4 and it still does it. So I have no idea what is going on. That is why I feel it might be the actual update. I want to temporarily put 3.0.2 back on to test this. So it is possible? Do you have a touchpad? Can you go to Flash browser games for flash enabled tablets and phones and tell me if you can see the ads?
    Yes, its possible to roll back to 3.0.2. I did this recently when it was discovered that the 3.0.4 update breaks the messaging app functionallity/wifi dropout issue makes it unusable. Just run the doctor for 3.0.2 and it will basically do a wipe and reinstall. I've been careful to not charge it with wifi on so that it won't prompt me to then update back to 3.0.4, its been a few weeks now and everything is running smoothly.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirotan View Post
    Yes, its possible to roll back to 3.0.2. I did this recently when it was discovered that the 3.0.4 update breaks the messaging app functionallity/wifi dropout issue makes it unusable. Just run the doctor for 3.0.2 and it will basically do a wipe and reinstall. I've been careful to not charge it with wifi on so that it won't prompt me to then update back to 3.0.4, its been a few weeks now and everything is running smoothly.
    Well I went back to 3.0.2 and I still can not see the ads on my site.. I can't see them on my other personal website either. This is really weird. Someone please tell me if you can see them on my site. I need to know if it is my touchpad or everyones that can't see them.
  6. #6  
    I don't see your ads on my 3.0.4 touchpad, but I do have the Ad Blocker patch installed (I actually don't mind ads per se, I just mind the extra loading/rendering time waiting for them). I do see them on my desktop browser (IE9), but I imagine you already knew that.
  7. #7  
    You should wait and see what 3.0.5 update brings in fixes IMO.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You should wait and see what 3.0.5 update brings in fixes IMO.
    There is going to be one? I am installing 3.0.4 back on now. Its so weird. It worked fine until like a few days ago. I have also seen it not working on other peoples sites too. Really strange.
  9.    #9  
    Well if anyone can let me know if they can see them on their touchpad I would be totally grateful.
  10. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #10  
    I don't see any ads on that page regardless of which browser I load it with
    (Firefox, IE, Chrome, or the Touchpad @ 3.0.2). FF and Touchpad have ad blockers,
    the other do not. Looks identical in all of them.

    ian
  11.    #11  
    It is not just my site. I have found that no ads from google adsense are shown on my touchpad. From any site. Very strange. Could javascript be messed up on the touchpad or something? I have reloaded the TP 3 times and once I did the total erase usb and all.

    I wish someone with a touchpad that doesn't have ad blocker would test this for me.
  12.    #12  
    They found out what it is. Check Google's adsense known issues page on Monday. I found a bug in their system. Problem is it can't be fixed until January.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions