Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    HI.....I am stuck....I put android alpha 2 on hp touchpad and it seemed to work fine. However, being a jerk, i wanted to upgrade to Alpha 3, after some trouble, I reverted back to Web OS and decided id do a fresh install for alpha 3. The revert back went ok, however, now when I plug in T Pad USB to me laptop it wont read it as web os device. I says drive E and "would I like to format" to use? After getting this prompt many times, i said the heck with it and did the format on the T Pad. The T Pad then showed all available space and all my programs, icons etc were still there.
    The T Pad, will only turn on now when I hold power and center button or power, center and volume toggle. The HP insignia shows up for like 3 minutes and then it turns on. When plugged into laptop via USB, it once again shows H Pad as E drive, wont let me copy any files and asks AGAIN "would I like to format". How do I get this thing to read as a T Pad when pluggged into USB and how do I get the original OS intact back on? If I can to an android install in the condition it is in, Id do that too....Im in a vicious circle here....Thanks for your ideas.
    SAA
    I would probably start with trying to doctor your device, of course it's hard to say if you'll get very far or not. Give it a whirl and if you get stuck then post back.

Here's a direct link to the 3.0.4 doctor (java) file:
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...4hstnhwifi.jar
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks....will try right away
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi ...it reinstalled the original OS, but still will not read as USB storage device when attached to laptop, just says "drive E which has to be reformatted for use". How can I get this tablet to be recognized by my laptop so I can put files on it......thanks
    Perhaps it's the novacom drivers on the laptop. You could try reinstalling those from the link found on this page:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v1-2-1-a.html
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plgnply View Post
    Perhaps it's the novacom drivers on the laptop. You could try reinstalling those from the link found on this page:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v1-2-1-a.html
    Nope...that wasnt it....isnt there a fresh install somehow.? The HP logo just hangs when powered up now......please dont quit on me.....suggestions????
    Thanks
    Sounds like you've royally screwed it up.

Were you getting that message without even putting the Touchpad into USB mode?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    NO.....only when I plugged usb into laptop......have any ideas PLEASE??
    so.. you were getting "the drive needs to be formatted" as soon as you plugged it in, without enabling USB mode on the TouchPad itself?

I would go into the Windows control panel, find the Device Manager, delete the Novacom drivers, delete all your USB port drivers, and reboot, and let it figure out what the heck you have installed, again.

The computer shouldn't give you -any- prompts to do anything, until you select "USB Drive" on hte TouchPad.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    so.. you were getting "the drive needs to be formatted" as soon as you plugged it in, without enabling USB mode on the TouchPad itself?

I would go into the Windows control panel, find the Device Manager, delete the Novacom drivers, delete all your USB port drivers, and reboot, and let it figure out what the heck you have installed, again.

The computer shouldn't give you -any- prompts to do anything, until you select "USB Drive" on hte TouchPad.
    OK EB......sounds like a plan.....Ill let ya know TY very Much
    good luck .. you may need it
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Having a little trouble w/ the continuity pre and post doctoring, so apologies if this is answered or obvious.

When you turn the TP on normally (no vol up key), does it ever get past the HP circle logo? ie: loading MoBoot, or straight into webOS?

Does it ever boot into anything usable? Or just always stuck on the HP logo.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It is always just stuck on HP logo and Laptop wont read it as a USB device......helpppppppppp TY
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    good luck .. you may need it
    EB..that didnt help///// any suggestions?????
    Quote Originally Posted by evets57 View Post
    EB..that didnt help///// any suggestions?????
    One you get to a point where you're able, DO Start->Run: diskmgmt.msc
    If your touchpad does show up in the list, the USB Partition show as being fat32. If not, it likely needs to be reformatted. I would hold off on doing so from Windows for the moment.
    I should mention I have issues on my Win7 64bit system with my Touchpad failing to recognize as a USB storage device, though NovaCom still works fine on the development side. No such issue on my Mac.

If you can see the touchpad partitions, and none appear as fat32 you could try "Device Info"-> "Reset Options" -> "Erase USB Drive". But again, I would hold off and see if someone who HAS gone through this can better speak to resolving the issue.

-Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by ion_flux View Post
    ...I should mention I have issues on my Win7 64bit system with my Touchpad failing to recognize as a USB storage device, though NovaCom still works fine on the development side. No such issue on my Mac.
    After stopping the "Palm Novacom" and "Palm TCP Relay" services, then rebooting the Touchpad with USB cable connected, this has resolved for me. But again, I've not had CM7 installed. Disk Managment shows single Fat32 partition for Touchpad.
    I have the same thing. It started while I had alpha 2 installed, I've removed it now. It's not novacom. I've tried under Win7, Ubuntu, and Fedora. They all say that the drive needs to be formatted. Compared to another Touchpad, they are both FAT32, but the one that doesn't work has a partition and is bootable. Also, in Ubuntu I get this from "dmesg | tail"
    Code:
    [  425.620046] FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors
    [  425.620053] VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sdb1.
    Edit: I can see everything in /media/internal through Internalz Pro

Edit 2: If "Full Erase" is an option for you, you can backup your stuff with http://www.webosnation.com/wifi-touchpad-file-browser. I just did this and all is back to normal.
    Last edited by Chriswhat21Pre; 12/12/2011 at 11:55 PM.
    I to have this problem and its not the PC, I have two TP and one works great connecting to PC and the other states to format on the PC side. They both have CM on them. Anyone fix theirs yet?
    I wonder if there is a way to format then copy from one TP to the other like True image or Ghost?