Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JaimitoBond
  • 1 Post By siobhanellis
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    so, i just got a brand new (not refurbed) touchpad and it has sim contacts programmed... these contacts are, apparently, un-removable... i know there is a sim slot on the side, but i was under the impression that it was unusable.. below are links to box.net with screenshots.. the number in the screenshot is an at&t code.. but, there are other random people there as well.. one in which brought me to the discovery of all the others.. it was brought to my attention by my fiance with the question "who is 'babes'?" yeah.. that could have went terribly wrong.. lol.. anyone know what's up with that? it would be awesome if i could get service on it.

https://www.box.net/shared/t6vos54aj0g9okjyo3ib
    https://www.box.net/shared/7nuz3f529z7ppak5min8
    https://www.box.net/shared/2u8kyjpl031ft65793gu
    Either you got a TouchPad 4G packaged as a TouchPad, or the tablet has previously been paired with a Pre 3 and had a SIM account created.

Try opening the "SIM slot drawer", push down on that strange drawer and it should pop out. In a 4G that would be a SIM slot, if it's a regular TouchPad it would just be a label.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i'm gonna go with it being paired previously.. the tray doesn't come out all the way and has serial numbers on the bottom.. but that kinda sucks because it means my new touchpad is used? sigh
    try calling babes, see who it is
    d.moss and CvvB like this.
    and then call a lawyer and sue HP for breach of confidentiality. Isn't that what you do in America? :-)
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    d.moss likes this.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    lmao at JaimitoBond and siobhanellis.. maaaaaaaaaybe I should...
    Where did you get said "new" TouchPad from?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Did you buy the touchpad from some shady ebay seller?