Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sketch42
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    It took me a whole 6 weeks to drop my TP, and shatter the glass. I found a seller on eBay, and picked up a new part. When I took the thing apart, I found the glass (aka the Digitizer) is attached to a plastic bezel by nothing more than double-sided tape. Anyhow, separating the old glass from the bezel pretty much ruined the stickiness factor of the tape that's there.

Has anyone done this replacement? I can scrape off the old tape, but I'm not quite sure what to use in its place, nor where to get it. If anyone has had any luck in this area, I'd appreciate any tips! Thanks!
    Maybe the folks at iFixit.com can help you.
    How much did you have to pay for that glass?
    They sell double sided tape at hardware and auto parts stores. It is manufactured by 3M.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    How much did you have to pay for that glass?
    I paid $69 for the glass. I know - too much. But, the OEM glass was shattered. If I didn't replace it, the thing was junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by cml21 View Post
    It took me a whole 6 weeks to drop my TP, and shatter the glass. I found a seller on eBay, and picked up a new part. When I took the thing apart, I found the glass (aka the Digitizer) is attached to a plastic bezel by nothing more than double-sided tape. Anyhow, separating the old glass from the bezel pretty much ruined the stickiness factor of the tape that's there.

Has anyone done this replacement? I can scrape off the old tape, but I'm not quite sure what to use in its place, nor where to get it. If anyone has had any luck in this area, I'd appreciate any tips! Thanks!
    Was it hard to take it apart? Did you just follow ifixit.com?

I am also thinking to disassemble it in order to clean it from the dust between the LCD panel and the digitizer...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    7words - It wasn't that tough. I just followed the instructions on ifixit.com.
    I think that's 11 words, 12 if you count the contraction as was not ... & 13 if you are using the .com as a separate word.. :-P
    cml21 likes this.