1.    #1  
    Here it goes. Two weeks ago my touchpad case cracked near the speaker. As I had read online about this, I just sent it to HP for a repair, given that it was free anyway. Today, I received it back. It was a week ahead of schedule, which was great, until the problems began. Note that I am a webOS novice and probably did some stupid things, please read and don't judge :-P.

1. I take it out of the box, power it on, all good. Log in, it sticks on the loading circle. Contacted chat support through my computer, they said restart it. Did it, it worked.
    2. Got it loaded, some apps failed to redownload. Unfortunately, App Catalog was one of them. At the time I had not yet figured out how to restart a failed download. I then tried one of my apps with internet in it and noticed that the scrolling was not as good as it had been on my touchpad prior to service. I then noticed that it seemed like 3.0.2. Checked it, and it was. Tried to update, and it gave me a stupid "you're up to date" screen. Contacted hp, they told me to doctor.
    3. Doctored, and got stuck at 62%. Contacted hp again, they said to restart device. I suspected it might corrupt something, but they said it wouldn't so I went for it, being the total n00b I am. It booted up, I asked the support agent if that meant it worked and he said it did. Logged in, good to go.
    4. Same problem with the apps, but this time I figured out hoe to restart failed downloads. All is good. I was still unaware that the whole time after I doctored, I had not heard one sound from my touchpad. I hadn't been paying attention because I was too focused on the app problem. Contacted support, they said I NEED A REPAIR.
    5. Contacted them again hoping for another option, they said erase apps and data. I had already contemplated that, so I did it.

I am typing this on a soundless touchpad running corrupted 3.0.4. HELP ME PLEASE. I am not sending it back to HP again I hope. I went from perfectly good touchpad with a small crack to crack-free touchpad with no sound. I am running out of options. I will greatly appreciate any help I can get from the ever-thriving webOS community. PS I am also missing my launcher YouTube official shortcut/icon/thingy.

Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/10/2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: clarified title
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    Here it goes. Two weeks ago my touchpad case cracked near the speaker. As I had read online about this, I just sent it to HP for a repair, given that it was free anyway. Today, I received it back. It was a week ahead of schedule, which was great, until the problems began. Note that I am a webOS novice and probably did some stupid things, please read and don't judge :-P.

1. I take it out of the box, power it on, all good. Log in, it sticks on the loading circle. Contacted chat support through my computer, they said restart it. Did it, it worked.
    2. Got it loaded, some apps failed to redownload. Unfortunately, App Catalog was one of them. At the time I had not yet figured out how to restart a failed download. I then tried one of my apps with internet in it and noticed that the scrolling was not as good as it had been on my touchpad prior to service. I then noticed that it seemed like 3.0.2. Checked it, and it was. Tried to update, and it gave me a stupid "you're up to date" screen. Contacted hp, they told me to doctor.
    3. Doctored, and got stuck at 62%. Contacted hp again, they said to restart device. I suspected it might corrupt something, but they said it wouldn't so I went for it, being the total n00b I am. It booted up, I asked the support agent if that meant it worked and he said it did. Logged in, good to go.
    4. Same problem with the apps, but this time I figured out hoe to restart failed downloads. All is good. I was still unaware that the whole time after I doctored, I had not heard one sound from my touchpad. I hadn't been paying attention because I was too focused on the app problem. Contacted support, they said I NEED A REPAIR.
    5. Contacted them again hoping for another option, they said erase apps and data. I had already contemplated that, so I did it.

I am typing this on a soundless touchpad running corrupted 3.0.4. HELP ME PLEASE. I am not sending it back to HP again I hope. I went from perfectly good touchpad with a small crack to crack-free touchpad with no sound. I am running out of options. I will greatly appreciate any help I can get from the ever-thriving webOS community. PS I am also missing my launcher YouTube official shortcut/icon/thingy.

Thanks a bunch!
    Hi
    I don't know is this will work, but this is what I did a couple of days ago when my touchpad didn't want to dowload hp app catalog and maps after I did a full reset.
    After doing steps below you will have no apps previously installed from App catalog so you may want to first write down all installed apps before doing this. This will also erase all of your settings so you gonna have to set it up again.

First go to Settings>Backup and turn off "Backup" option.
    When popup show choose "Turn off and Erase"
    Now go to Settings>Device Info and press "Reset Options"
    Choose "Full Erase"
    After that the Touchpad will restart and start erasing your data and settings.
    When it boots up it will be like brand new from the box so you will have to setup WiFi and sign in with your webOs account.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a bunch! I have already figured out how to fix the app catalog, though, but I will keep this advice handy if my workaround fails me. I just went into software manager and hit the ! Button next to the failed apps, tried again, and it works. I have now reloaded my apps and data several times with several problems, and I am still suspicious as to why the same apps always fail...idk. Now I just gotta fix the sound, everything else seems fine. I really don't feel like doctoring again :-(
  4.    #4  
    Finally got doctor to work. If anyone ever has this problem, this is what I did: Doctor it, get stuck, reboot touchpad, DON'T LOG IN, leave it on the language screen, boot into usb mode again, run doctor again.