1.    #1  
    After the speaker cracking issue and then a screen glass issue,
    HP gave me free 2-year HP Care Pack, but what will happen
    to my Touchpad after the 2-year period is up?

Let's say the Touchpad dies 1 year 11 months 10 days after date of
    original purchase... (with 20 days remaning on the 2-year Care Pack),
    is HP still capable of repairing or replacing the Touchpad? If not,
    will they just give me a refund of the original purchase price? That's
    what the HP Care Pack fineprint says.... which will leave me with a
    big refund check of $99.

Or will HP replace it with a "comparable" tablet computer that they
    have at that time?
    don't worry be happy, in 2 years you will want something else :-)
    it's open sourced now - so someone will envitably port it so it runs on a Galaxy Tab, just as the touchpad can run CM7

cyanogenmod....how about webosgenmod aka webosinternals?
    Can I ask what is the screen glass issue you were having and what exactly is this Care Pack and how did you get it? My speaker and headphone jack connection are cracked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbalancerguy View Post
    don't worry be happy, in 2 years you will want something else :-)
    amen to that
    screen glass problems are usually caused by dropping or stepping on the unit, case cracks usually have to do directly with customer care and can be caused by some kind of stress, ie, accidently yanking/side stressing/pulling on either the headphones or usb inputs in a manner other than 'normal' and the above mentioned droppage or step on, or poor storage when transporting without proper cover or protection....I stepped on the edge of mine while it was charging out of a wall outlet (dang short USB cord) and the tablet on the floor next to the wall, cracked the case around the headphone jack....should have leaned against the wall, my bad...

I have since gotten the HP case/stand on their blowout sale for $19.99, $30 off its original price, fits nicely and protects the pad, wish I had gotten it when I first got the unit...and I just got a generic padded sleeve WITH pocket storage for charger on the cheap for even more protection whilst traveling...

nice grab on the warranty anyway...

laterzzz..........
    Last edited by bldegle2; 12/10/2011 at 07:57 AM.
    32g and playing
    yeah after about two years you might be after new tablet.
    I wish I could get them to give me the extended warranty on my TouchPad for the cracks. Although I would prefer 3 years. I'm not convinced these things will last much past one year without it due to the build quality. However they probably knew it and was one of the main reasons contributing to the fire sale/discontinuation of the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    it's open sourced now - so someone will envitably port it so it runs on a Galaxy Tab, just as the touchpad can run CM7
    thats a wonderful idea, my gtab still has android 2.2, getting a bit old

I would suggest make a dual boot system, since webOS still has functional shortages to fully replace android.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    HP gave me free 2-year HP Care Pack, but what will happen to my Touchpad after the 2-year period is up?
    ...care to share on how you obtained this pls?
    I think they first offered this to people that had issues with their TP but didn't want to send them in yet for repair. It seems hp has since stoped offering it since then though
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    I think they first offered this to people that had issues with their TP but didn't want to send them in yet for repair. It seems hp has since stoped offering it since then though
    Unless the same Touchpad has suffered a second(even third) issue with screen or case
    build quality.... HP asked me to ship mine in for repair. They contacted me to say that
    it had to be replaced with a refurbished unit. I declined and told them to ship it back.
    The webOS Butler tech support actually contacted me a few days later. (only this time
    it was someone in their Orlando, FL office... an actual US citizen ) She "upgraded"
    my 1-year HP Care Pack to the 2-year version.
    Hp will support the TP for the length of the warranty and then your SOL. My TP also has the crack by the speaker but I have mine in a case and don't care.

To those that cry and say that they don't think the device will last more than a year I'll tell you what I tell all my customers.

Learn how to take care of your toys. What I can't leave it in my car? It breaks if I drop it? I overheats if I use it in my lap or on my bed while blocking the air vents (laptop).

"Black Friday - A time for people to afford something they shouldn't have in the first place"