Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    WOW. All I can say. Maybe not 2012 though.
    hardingchase likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    WOW. All I can say. Maybe not 2012 though.
    Why not? They have manufacturing contracts, blueprints of a design for a new tablet. It's called the TouchPad Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Why not? They have manufacturing contracts, blueprints of a design for a new tablet. It's called the TouchPad Go.
    It's called the TouchPad No.
    xandros9 likes this.
    TouchPad No.
    TouchPad No. 1, No. 2 or No. 3?

Forget tablets... I need a Smartphone...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    paul-c and xandros9 like this.
    New TouchPads are not coming. Just ask all the "WebOS is dead" crowd. Thank you Meg.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by etphoto; 12/10/2011 at 07:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I wonder if they'll keep producing the Touchpad to do the deal with the computers? If they waited until late 2012 or 2013 then they're not too much into WebOS on a tablet again but just waiting to see how Windows 8 does in the tablet sector or see if the tablet sector even stays as viable as it is now. Remember that notebooks were the fad for awhile and now disappearing.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia1 View Post
    Well, we do know that when someone from Palm/HP confirms that they are developing a tablet then it takes about 12 months for them to announce it and another 6 months for it to be released. Who knows how long it takes when they haven't decided whether they are going to make a tablet or not.
    And we know they have said they are developing tablets, just not WebOS. I'm wondering if they're just going to make a go with Windows first and then see what they do. It wouldn't be hard for them to just add WebOS on one of the Windows tablets slated for next year.
    waiting another year or more is just going to make the train real late to the party, giving competitors an even bigger advantage. maybe with time it will work, but i think not.....

this whole debacle is a tangled web of incompetence, going way back in time.....

there is no 'good' solution....HP has bled a lot of cash recently, bottom line has to be attended to, obviously, that factored hugely on the decision....

still gonna enjoy mine, i was going to try and get another for a Xmas present for my cousin at Ebay, gonna be a madhouse, just don't know now if it is worth it....

laterzzzzzz...
    32g and playing
    problem HP doesnt see is that unless they sell every new tablet at a cheap price (199 or so) nobody will buy it, because Webos is still thought of as a 2nd rate product. Why because their intial attempt at a tablet was cheaply built, and a laggy OS. As well as report still show unless you Apple, theres no money in the tablet business right now. Even android (as you can see HPs touchpad sold more then them) has praticly 0 marketshare. Smartphones is how you move Webos, it has always been, and what has always been a issue is 2 things HARDWARE, AND OPTIMIZED OS. The OS is being optimized now they have the funding, Webos just needs the freakin hardware. So either do the right thing with the materials you have (we know you have them look at your HP pavillion lines) or present Webos to other OEMs without catches and allow them to make the devices consumers are looking for...larger screens made with glass and metal not goonie gadgets with plastic trap doors smh.
    kataran likes this.
    "An HP spokesman, asked to conform the report, said that a WebOS tablet would be made only if the market was "viable"."

Will be interesting to see if, in 2013, and webOS tablet is viable after Windows 8, iOS, and Android have had 2-3 year head start.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    So basically, if someone else can make a success of WebOS and make decent margins, they are happy to jump on the life-raft, if they can't, they will cite the market and not bother. It's genius and get them off the hook completely.
    rmeigs, PricklyPete and C-Note like this.
    its not genius, its cautious because they are scared and have no vision.
    Jobs had vision and changed the market.
    But at least with open source someone else has possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    its not genius, its cautious because they are scared and have no vision.
    They're a business, run by a board with shareholders to keep happy, vision doesn't come into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    They're a business, run by a board with shareholders to keep happy, vision doesn't come into it.
    Yes it does. Lack of vision burned them for about 3 billion and launched webOS into open source purgatory.
    C-Note likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    New TouchPads are not coming. Just ask all the "WebOS is dead" crowd. Thank you Meg.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yes, because every tablet HP makes in the future will have WebOs only... I'm sure HP has absolutely no plans to produce tablets with Windows 8 as their OS after microsoft launches it..(rollseyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by trexlee001 View Post
    Yes, because every tablet HP makes in the future will have WebOs only... I'm sure HP has absolutely no plans to produce tablets with Windows 8 as their OS after microsoft launches it..(rollseyes)
    Now from the start, they had talked about getting webOS on Windows... maybe that's how they will first combine the two? Heck, they might already be working on a way to do it, and are just waiting for Windows 8 to come out next year before putting it out in 2013...
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Think it will be Windows 8 only...
    HP Introduces Multitouch Slate Tablet PC for Business

HP is only after business market, which isn't likely to be interested in WebOS, all very sad
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I don't think I could handle the sadness anymore. I won't use webOS ever again.

Though I said that I wouldn't buy a Pre3.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    By the time 2013 even shows up, Whitman will likely be gone, or will have moved HP into a whole 'nother direction
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsgr74 View Post
    Think it will be Windows 8 only...
    HP Introduces Multitouch Slate Tablet PC for Business

HP is only after business market, which isn't likely to be interested in WebOS, all very sad
    How about a dual booting W8 and webOS tablet. Maybe that CM could make its way as well as Ubuntu.
    But pretty much wishful thinking

edit: makes me think... couldn't you run the emulator on the Slate??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast