webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Hp Touchpad touch screen not working!
Hp Touchpad touch screen not working!

Old 12/09/2011, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

As the title states, I tried to use my touchpad this morning but when i brought it out of standby where it asks for your pin, i attempted to touch the numbers on the screen but nothing works. This got me worried so I restarted the touchpad by holding powerbutton + volume down button + center button for about 15 seconds.

After restarting it still does the same thing! It's as if the screen is locked or frozen and isnt picking up my touch. It's weird because if i try touching the very corners of the screen it seems like it picks up the touch because you see that waterdrop animation like it normally would do but doesnt work right anywhere else on the screen.

I have never dropped it and the screen has no scratches on it. Is this a known hardware defect? Or is there another explanation or fix for this? I hope someone can help me.

Thank you
NoTanks52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2011, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

I accidentally took a screen picture of my login and that is what I was seeing. It was a picture of what I thought I was on. Think of it as a picture and maybe try hitting the home button to min it or something like that. It might be what is happenong to you. (I hope so)
Eric 32gb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2011, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds similar to the problem I reported here:
http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3235547

I suggest that you get yours repaired/replaced by HP like I did. Good luck!
rabilancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2011, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Think you are right Rabilancia, I even ran webOSdoctor on it to restore to factory settings and still a no go. I spoke with HP support and they think it's hardware issue so they're going to send me a pre-postaged box so I can send it in for repairs. Suppose to take 1-2 weeks turnaround but with xmas ahead, I expect it will take longer :| They gave me an option to buy a new replacement for 59$ but I'll stick to the free route for now
NoTanks52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2011, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

I didn't know HP was still offering repairs/support on the TouchPad? Anyone else having this problem or found a solution? Hope this isn't too common of an issue!
godzillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2011, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

You'll have to reinstall WebOS via the Dr.

Pretty simple to do.
Connect the Touchpad to a USB port on your computer.
Hold Down the Power and Center button, about 15 seconds, as soon as you see the Touchpad reboot let go of both of these buttons and Hold Down the "Up" Volume button and this will force the Touchpad into USB mode. You should see the USB symbol on the Touchpad.

Then login with your Palm profile and select WebOS Doctor.
https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

This will reload WebOS and all your apps back onto the Touchpad, just like starting from new and your screen will then work.

Good Luck.
Curtis
cloudyifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2011, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

That doesn't always work cloudyifr, didn't for me: If touchscreen stops working...
Old 12/14/2011, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyifr View Post
You'll have to reinstall WebOS via the Dr.

Pretty simple to do.
Connect the Touchpad to a USB port on your computer.
Hold Down the Power and Center button, about 15 seconds, as soon as you see the Touchpad reboot let go of both of these buttons and Hold Down the "Up" Volume button and this will force the Touchpad into USB mode. You should see the USB symbol on the Touchpad.

Then login with your Palm profile and select WebOS Doctor.
https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

This will reload WebOS and all your apps back onto the Touchpad, just like starting from new and your screen will then work.

Good Luck.
Curtis
That login hasn't worked for a week or more. The site is down.
djphatjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
Think you are right Rabilancia, I even ran webOSdoctor on it to restore to factory settings and still a no go. I spoke with HP support and they think it's hardware issue so they're going to send me a pre-postaged box so I can send it in for repairs. Suppose to take 1-2 weeks turnaround but with xmas ahead, I expect it will take longer :| They gave me an option to buy a new replacement for 59$ but I'll stick to the free route for now
do you have a number i can call? please help i can't get in touch with anyone. My touchpad screen stopped working. Last week the sound now the touch help
LorenaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenaG View Post
do you have a number i can call? please help i can't get in touch with anyone. My touchpad screen stopped working. Last week the sound now the touch help
HP no longer provides any support with webOS. If you have a live warranty (which no one is likely to at this point) there's an email form on the Palm support website.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2014, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have swapped the touchscreen boards over and, for a while, this seemed to have solved the problem. The non-responsiveness returned however so it seems like a fault with the mainboard.

Any ideas?
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2014, 03:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
I have swapped the touchscreen boards over and, for a while, this seemed to have solved the problem. The non-responsiveness returned however so it seems like a fault with the mainboard.

Any ideas?
Might be a loose connector especialy for the touchscreen to the motherboard - You might need to reopen and put some tape over the connector / cable to secure it.

I have my digitizer problem..(one square cell) which I discovered using the webos calibration is not responsive lol worst part it's the top right corner (which is used by Android) and Webos...any ideas how to resolve this or relocate that important section to another side of the display?
daexpression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2014, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have a few squares that don't work in portrait but work in landscape and vice versa. The whole screen didn't turn on but when I applied pressure to the part of the digitizer that hooks to the back of the display, it showed the screen. So now I have a few pieces of paper Inside of my TouchPad so when it closes there is pressure, but the touchscreen isn't responsive on a few squares. All on the same row.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Mattecko77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2014, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
Might be a loose connector especialy for the touchscreen to the motherboard - You might need to reopen and put some tape over the connector / cable to secure it.

I have my digitizer problem..(one square cell) which I discovered using the webos calibration is not responsive lol worst part it's the top right corner (which is used by Android) and Webos...any ideas how to resolve this or relocate that important section to another side of the display?
No, I've attempted to replace the cable and the screens with known good ones.

Any more ideas?
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/23/2014, 11:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

hi guys i have a big problem with my hp webos tablet, here i explains my problems
i give the password few days ago in my hp tablet, but, today when i enter the same password, it doesnot display in a text field...so i read the forum and connect tablet using usb cable and pressed the power+menu+upper sound button, later, it displayed usb symbol in white color.now,i have problem to remove it...so what do i do for remove it and open my password....please help me..
Bikash Pun is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0