Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By k3u
  1. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    My HP TouchPad has never been dropped and has been in the HP Folio Case along with a screen protector since day one. Now I noticed cracks near the speakers, my screen is sunken towards the top right (near the volume rockers) and the most annoying thing is my volume rocker rattles whenever I hold my TouchPad. Now the question is, am I eligible for a full exchange for a brand new HP TouchPad? Or am I just being too OCD and asking too much?
    Last edited by k3u; 12/08/2011 at 04:48 PM.
    garrydal likes this.
    You can do an advance exchange, where they swap your touchpad for a new one, but that'll cost you ~$65. It's best to just send it in for repair, where they send you same exact device, but repaired for free.
    1. There are no new devices to be had. You can not get a new device.
    2. Repairs are not free if the device has been subject to mishandling (e.g. physical damage)
    3. Even if you do the repair / return it does not guarantee you will get your device back, you would either receive your device back repaired or a like new unit.
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 12/09/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I should clarify more.

Here is a link to your warranty that is provided with the device.
    http://www.hpwebos.com/us/support/co...PwebOS2011.pdf

"EXCLUSIONS: This Limited Warranty does not apply (1) to
    damage to the surface of the product, including cracks or
    scratches on the LCD touchscreen or outside casing; (2) to
    damage caused by misuse, neglect, improper installation,
    storage or testing, unauthorized attempts to open, repair, or
    modify the product, or any other cause beyond the range of
    the intended use; (3) to damage caused by accident, fire, dirt,
    sand, moisture or liquids, power changes, other hazards, or
    acts of God; (4) to damage caused by use of the product with
    any non-HP device or service if such device or service causes
    the problem; or (5) if any HP serial number has been removed,
    defaced or altered."

Now, if you have ADP (accidental damage protection) it does warrant you to get one replacement for the device being accidentally damage.

Information about ADP can be found here
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Extend your coverage with HP Care Pack Services

You can start a warranty process by clicking on the blow link or contacting HP directly.
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) -

A repair FAQ can be found here
    Palm Support : In-warranty repair services (US & Canada)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Hold on - are we even sure the op is in the US? Consumer protection varies from country to country.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    If you are in the US, cracks are a known problem that HP will repair. Call them and tell them you have cracks around the speakers, etc.--they won't be surprised. If you send it back they will either repair it or send you a refurb--some people get a good refurb and some people have new problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I should clarify more.

Here is a link to your warranty that is provided with the device.
    http://www.hpwebos.com/us/support/co...PwebOS2011.pdf

"EXCLUSIONS: This Limited Warranty does not apply (1) to
    damage to the surface of the product, including cracks or
    scratches on the LCD touchscreen or outside casing; (2) to
    damage caused by misuse, neglect, improper installation,
    storage or testing, unauthorized attempts to open, repair, or
    modify the product, or any other cause beyond the range of
    the intended use; (3) to damage caused by accident, fire, dirt,
    sand, moisture or liquids, power changes, other hazards, or
    acts of God; (4) to damage caused by use of the product with
    any non-HP device or service if such device or service causes
    the problem; or (5) if any HP serial number has been removed,
    defaced or altered."

Now, if you have ADP (accidental damage protection) it does warrant you to get one replacement for the device being accidentally damage.

Information about ADP can be found here
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Extend your coverage with HP Care Pack Services

You can start a warranty process by clicking on the blow link or contacting HP directly.
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) -

A repair FAQ can be found here
    Palm Support : In-warranty repair services (US & Canada)
    Has anyone ever turned in a touchpad for repair from water damage caused by a water bottle leaking inside a leak free purse?? hehe ... I bought one for my daughter in Christmas and normally takes hers to school placing it in her school bag where she keeps the students papers-n-stuff... low n behold her water bottle was leaking inside her purse and soaked the TP.. she was in hysterics when she discovered it lol. I shoiuld just get another one for now but thought if this one can be repaired ?? why not send it in ??
    Quote Originally Posted by T4H_KiserSose View Post
    Has anyone ever turned in a touchpad for repair from water damage caused by a water bottle leaking inside a leak free purse?? hehe ... I bought one for my daughter in Christmas and normally takes hers to school placing it in her school bag where she keeps the students papers-n-stuff... low n behold her water bottle was leaking inside her purse and soaked the TP.. she was in hysterics when she discovered it lol. I shoiuld just get another one for now but thought if this one can be repaired ?? why not send it in ??
    It can be sent in for repair but water damage is not covered by warranty so support will charge you 199.00 USD fee to repair it. This is still cheaper than touchpads on ebay and your get a 90-day repair warranty with that.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....