Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Hey guys after stupidly letting my friend convince me to see what android was like on the touchpad for giggles (we both dont really like android but like messing with software) I used the acmeuninstaller to remove the cm7 partitions but in tailor theres 8mb unused. is this normal? also When i connect the touchpad to freetether now it lists it names as an android device =[ i even tried the remove android app in preware

<edited by staff>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/08/2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: posting around language filters
    Pretty sure that's normal. And what do you mean "now it lists it names as an android device"?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    You know how pre teather tells you the names of devices listed. Well now when the touchpad connects to it, it names it android-98uehfiwueh (thats not the real jumble of letters but its similar) and idk why
    Preware 'Remove Android' Linux App will do most of it and also then suggests use of 'Tailor' to remove the other Android partitions....
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Preware 'Remove Android' Linux App will do most of it and also then suggests use of 'Tailor' to remove the other Android partitions....
    i did all that but for some reason its still named android-(jumble of letters and numbers) when connecting to a wifi network even my router lists it as that
    OK.. so it's 'only' a naming issue?
    Everthing else is back to webOS normal?
    Full device re-start?

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    OK.. so it's 'only' a naming issue?
    Everthing else is back to webOS normal?
    Full device re-start?

yea everything seems back to normal, but the face that that is like that worries me that the android installer modified system files and partitions =[ now i truly hate android lol but is there a way to format the ssd in the touchpad and have webos doctor repartition it or something?
    I think you might be worrying about nothing really!
    If you really wish to do a full secure erase of ALL your files and start again with a webOS Doctoring.. sure!
    But why not wait for the webOS 3.0.5 update anyway.. that may well stuff-up 'webOS' far more than Android ever did!

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I think you might be worrying about nothing really!
    If you really wish to do a full secure erase of ALL your files and start again with a webOS Doctoring.. sure!
    But why not wait for the webOS 3.0.5 update anyway.. that may well stuff-up 'webOS' far more than Android ever did!

well thats just it i did almost every single erase that you could pick lol but it still is named as android which like i said still worries me a bit =/ hopefuly someone can tell me whats going on and i can fix it
    I imagine that the Tether software probably remembered that when you connected, and associated that to the device's hardware ID, and is not querying the device for an id name anymore. I'd see if you can make the tether software forget the TouchPad.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I imagine that the Tether software probably remembered that when you connected, and associated that to the device's hardware ID, and is not querying the device for an id name anymore. I'd see if you can make the tether software forget the TouchPad.
    -___- wow i feel really stupid lol i was so worried about that andoid crap messin with my system files when it was that all along, oh well all is good here now =D thanks guys