Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeadVim
  1.    #1  
    Came across this on Engadget.

OnLive intros apps for iOS and Android, refreshes its wireless controller, we go hands-on (video) -- Engadget

Why can't we have nice things!?

How many of you support this and how many of you don't [Why]?
    Even if the software worked, pairing the joypad might not be impossible (at the moment) - there's currently no low-level support for the bluetooth stack. I tried unsuccessfully to pair a PS3 and a Wii controller due to the same issue. HP could of course fix that in an update, if they wanted. Wii and PS3 remotes work well on TP running Android by all accounts.

OnLive is working for Android, so may well work with dual booting your TP.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    You might well be able to connect the joypad as a keyboard device, and use it as such, though. That is how most of the iOS gamepad thingees work.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I think I have not seen the word joypad since 1998!
    Just install android on your touchpad, onlive works well on it.
    Can't have nice things?
    Who else has a Touchstone?
    Grass is always greener, set up that way so we will buy more and more stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Can't have nice things?
    Who else has a Touchstone?
    Grass is always greener, set up that way so we will buy more and more stuff...
    Great observation! The Touchstone is the best charger on the market. It is great to always have a charged battery.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old_geekster View Post
    Great observation! The Touchstone is the best charger on the market. It is great to always have a charged battery.
    Yeh, but 'Best Charger' isn't a category you often see in Tablet comparisons.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    Yeh, but 'Best Charger' isn't a category you often see in Tablet comparisons.
    Good point! It is still nice, however.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Why can't webOS have nice things?

A: low level API. not enough developers. not enough users. it's pretty much an abandoned os.