Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1.    #1  
    HP is about to open up sales of refurbished touch pads via ebay. Both 16GB and 32GB. Sunday Dec. 11 6PM Central. Fire-sale prices. Also there will be an accessory bundle available. Limit 2 per ebay member. Good luck.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/11/2011 at 06:44 PM.
    link?
    Why can't they give those to devs?
    Rnp likes this.
    Because that's not the point.... the point is to support the resale market.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    HP doesn't care about devs. That's why I was glad to see Kerris go unlike most people who irrationally gushed over him. Even before he left he failed to secure Touchpads for developers, and now there's no one who can do anything about it.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Why can't they give those to devs?
    Maybe the timing of this is the answer to that question?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Because that's not the point.... the point is to support the resale market.
    Pogey
    Put a note in your thread today about a decent deal for TouchPads, did you see it?

Also they just stopped the dev coupon program on Nov 23, its only been 2 weeks so timing can't be the answer, its like one hand does not communicate with the other hand for the best interest of webOS
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    HP doesn't care about devs. That's why I was glad to see Kerris go unlike most people who irrationally gushed over him. Even before he left he failed to secure Touchpads for developers, and now there's no one who can do anything about it.
    I got 2 touchpads from HP through their developer device program about 2 weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Do you know what the accessory bundle is? Is it sold alone or onle with a TP?

Thanks. Sis got a TP but no TS or case.
  10.    #10  
    The TouchPads will be available for sale here (under "Laptops"):

items in hewlettpackard store on eBay!

Important information about this sale:

• There will be both 16GB and 32GB versions available, selling at a fixed price of $99 and $149 respectively…while supplies last.
    • There is also an optional 3-piece Accessory bundle with a Case, Charging Dock & Wireless Keyboard for $79 (est. value $199.97).
    • Purchases must be made through the HP eBay store via PayPal only. If you do not have eBay or PayPal accounts, create your accounts before the sale begins to avoid delays.
    • The product offer will be announced to the general public on Monday morning and is expected to sell-out quickly thereafter, so don’t delay.
    • There will be a limit of two (2) TouchPad SKUs per eBay member, sold on a first come, first served basis.
    • This sale is not associated with any HP-sponsored employee purchase program and there are no additional discounts for HP employees off the HP eBay store price.
    • All sales are final. There are no returns unless product arrives defective.
    • The refurbished TouchPad product comes with a 90-day limited warranty.
    • Please note that eBay orders only allow one ship-to location per order.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I am going to go out on a limb and say one way or the other, we get a webos update from meg on Friday - just a hunch.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Interesting. Why wouldn't they want to hold onto some for warranty repairs? Or maybe they have those set aside already?
    Ahh, you scooped me on this post. I'm going to lower my head now to protect myself from the storm of "why didn't they's" that people are going to post.

these are going to be sold out in seconds.
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    HP is about to open up sales of refurbished touch pads via ebay. Both 16GB and 32GB. Sunday Dec. 11 6PM Central. Fire-sale prices. Also there will be an accessory bundle available. Limit 2 per ebay member. Good luck.
    You didn't mention that once again employees get first dibs on the refurbished tablets first...right before they go onsale to the general public they have a shot at them first
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by T4H_KiserSose View Post
    You didn't mention that once again employees get first dibs on the refurbished tablets first...right before they go onsale to the general public they have a shot at them first
    Well technically that is not true. HP does not officially put them on sale till 8PM. However HP employees have been notified that they will be in the store earlier. Nothing is preventing anyone from buying one. It is on ebay. Secondly all the deal sites such as woot have already posted this deal. So pretty much everyone will be trying to get one early.

"This sale is not associated with any HP-sponsored employee purchase program and there are no additional discounts for HP employees off the HP eBay store price."
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The Slickdeals post on this cracks me up. There is a countdown timer titled "Until we crash Ebay"

The link is here if you want to see it: HP Touchpad Refurbished Sale on Ebay - Slickdeals.net
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    Well technically that is not true. HP does not officially put them on sale till 8PM. However HP employees have been notified that they will be in the store earlier. Nothing is preventing anyone from buying one. It is on ebay. Secondly all the deal sites such as woot have already posted this deal. So pretty much everyone will be trying to get one early.

"This sale is not associated with any HP-sponsored employee purchase program and there are no additional discounts for HP employees off the HP eBay store price."

>>>>>> "In an effort to give HP employees first chance at a very limited supply of refurbished TouchPads, there will be a short delay between when the product is posted live for sale on eBay and when the general public is notified of the sale"<<<<<<<

this is what I saw as employees getting a chance at them first
    So the general public doesn't get a shot at them til 8pm central?
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    The Slickdeals post on this cracks me up. There is a countdown timer titled "Until we crash Ebay"

The link is here if you want to see it: HP Touchpad Refurbished Sale on Ebay - Slickdeals.net
    That's funny. I'm counting down the hours and minutes myself. I'd like to get my buddy a surprise Christmas one, but am I really going to need/use touchpad #2 ? I have 4 days to convince myself.
    OH NO. I have the annual family get together on the 11TH.
    You plug your phone in?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    So the general public doesn't get a shot at them til 8pm central?
    No they will be live just not advertised. However like I said earlier every deal site, twitter, facebook etc will be crazy about this deal. Good luck to everyone. Will be interesting to see if ebay will be able to manage. HP unloading these on ebay might because of the lack of ability to host them on there own site. As illustrated in the previous sale.
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast