Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    whats even more mind boggling is the fact that people are actually buying them at full price instead of waiting for them to go on sale.

Oh well that's less people to wade through when trying to order.
    Sale starts at 7est so it won't show the right price until then

--- sent from communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    big lol at the people who bought early at full price, unless they know something we don't about getting the price changed later.
    HP employees are getting first crack at sale.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by rwil85 View Post
    people might be thinking that they are going to get price matches on these if they buy them before 600CT..

1. They shouldn't expect that given that 'all sales are final' and it hasn't been mentioned that they would.
    2. If they do - I think a lot of people will be ****ed as that clearly wouldn't be fair.

just my two cents.
    It wouldn't be fair at all. My father-in-law and I are patiently(haha) waiting until 4pm to try and each buy one.
    I assume they'll go for a price match when the sale starts

Not a bad move...
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    yeah, you're right about that. Took me five minutes of refreshing to get the page. Since you guys are hanging out here anyway, when did we go webOS nation? last night?
    @woosh: The change occurred whilst I was in my coccoon this morning...so I guess I slept through the revolution.

I, for one, welcome our new WebOS overlords...
    I wonder what the difference is between the three 32GB models? They all have exactly the same part number.

Maybe ebay has a limit of the number of units they can track for a single listing, so the presence of three 32GB listings means HP has more than 2x the limit... anyone know if there is such a limit, and what it is?

If that's the case, that also clearly means there are far fewer 16's available as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_K1 View Post
    I assume they'll go for a price match when the sale starts

Not a bad move...
    kind of a risk though, normally refurb stuff i've bought in the past is considered "all sales are final".
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I wonder what the difference is between the three 32GB models? They all have exactly the same part number.

Maybe ebay has a limit of the number of units they can track for a single listing, so the presence of three 32GB listings means HP has more than 2x the limit... anyone know if there is such a limit, and what it is?

If that's the case, that also clearly means there are far fewer 16's available as usual.
    When I added the Touchpads to my watch list, it showed 3 of the 4 32gig models as having over 2700 units available. The 4th was listed as limited and I don't remember if there was a number on the 16gig model.
    Maybe the HP employees have had their fill of TP's -- only 50 16GB models sold so far if the ebay sales stats are reliable...
    With 15 minutes to go, 47 16Gb and 21 32Gb sold so far.

Neat trick...go to the "Learn More" link in the black info bar banner. From that page, go to the "Laptops" link on the left. Works when front page is getting hammered if you don't already have the links...
    W00sh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by markhca View Post
    With 15 minutes to go, 47 16Gb and 21 32Gb sold so far.

Neat trick...go to the "Learn More" link in the black info bar banner. From that page, go to the "Laptops" link on the left. Works when front page is getting hammered if you don't already have the links...
    Or just refresh this link: New Home items in hewlettpackard store on eBay!
    (disclaimer goes here)
    The TouchPad, even if New is considered "all sales are final"
    Don't think there is a difference...but HP has three major warehouses in the US, one of which is the main one which is in the Central Time Zone.

Can't prove it, but it seems likely each of the links ties to one of the warehouses, which would better track the available stock.

May want to keep an eye on the HP Refurb site too... HP Business outlet - HP Small and Medium Business
    So if we add it to our cart now does anyone think that the price will adjust in your cart to speed the checkout?
    Quote Originally Posted by markhca View Post
    Don't think there is a difference...but HP has three major warehouses in the US, one of which is the main one which is in the Central Time Zone.

Can't prove it, but it seems likely each of the links ties to one of the warehouses, which would better track the available stock.

May want to keep an eye on the HP Refurb site too... HP Business outlet - HP Small and Medium Business
    We crashed eBay! "Service Unavailable". That's got to be a first.

payments.ebay.com is causing the problem, not letting me Buy It Now.
    -
    FireFox31

StarTac 7868W (6 years) > Treo 650 (4 years) > Palm Pre (1+ years)
    All hell...
    Aaannd eBay is crashing...
    Everyone NOW! F5!!!
  20.    #160  
    89.99 Warranty add if anyone was interested.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast