Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I am an HP employee and I don't know where this info came from but I have no email, can find no such meeting or webcast scheduled anywhere. Don't know what to say other than that.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    A press release is quite different from an all hands meeting, just saying...
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I think open source is a good compromise. Looking forward to Rod et al getting their hands on it
    open source...

sounds like HP is moving on but will offer support on all sold items with no plans presently to 'jump back into this market' anytime soon, or ever again for that matter....

maybe the OS will show up on another manu's offerings (phone, 7" pad, whatever)..

this is a real zinger...time will tell how this will work out....

laterzzzz...........
    32g and playing
    The Ebay sale is a news item on Huffington Post.
    Quote Originally Posted by d-larsen View Post
    A press release is quite different from an all hands meeting, just saying...
    The meeting took place before the press release.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
    open source...

sounds like HP is moving on but will offer support on all sold items with no plans presently to 'jump back into this market' anytime soon, or ever again for that matter....

maybe the OS will show up on another manu's offerings (phone, 7" pad, whatever)..

this is a real zinger...time will tell how this will work out....

laterzzzz...........
    Where did you get that from. Read the slightly later interview with Meg Whitman where she said that HP will continue to use the OS, and will continue to invest in it and that, at the moment, the next webOS device will probably be a tablet.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Please remember your fellow forums users in the Touchpad wanted thread. If you manage to get one from eBay, consider selling it to these users at a reasonable price. Many of these people aren't able to participate in these sales but are still enthusiasts who deserve a Touchpad.

I'll be trying to buy some for you guys. Wish us all luck.
    -
    FireFox31

StarTac 7868W (6 years) > Treo 650 (4 years) > Palm Pre (1+ years)
    so is the general consensus saying that these refurbs are still worth a shot if we manage to snag them? I'm trying to get one for my gf and parents but am wary about refurbs. Also, Im not too familiar with tech or the site slick deals - are you guys basically saying that SD is a bunch of resellers and that they already made programs that will automatically try over and over to buy the TouchPads?
    7:08 EST... nothing yet.

EDIT: DUH! Today is Saturday! LMAO!!!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by godzillinois View Post
    so is the general consensus saying that these refurbs are still worth a shot if we manage to snag them? I'm trying to get one for my gf and parents but am wary about refurbs. Also, Im not too familiar with tech or the site slick deals - are you guys basically saying that SD is a bunch of resellers and that they already made programs that will automatically try over and over to buy the TouchPads?
    Slickdeals doesn't sell anything. All they do is report sales. They're basically a news aggregator. The refurbs are are being sold by HP through their official eBay store.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    The deal never did show on the HP Ebay Store
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
    Depends which day your head is in.

OP says: "Sunday Dec. 11 6PM Central."

~~~

'Refurbs' have in a sense had 'double quality control' I reckon!
    One in the Chinese factory.. that they clearly later failed.. and a second as a result of an HP rebuild (perhaps in Mexico?).

Good chance that they are 'good' thereby!

None of them can be much more than 6 months old at any rate!

heavyt, see post above by razor1973
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, been up since 1:30 am just got in from Germany...Better go to bed NOW!!!
    Gonna try my hand at getting one of these too. If I do snag one, it will be for whatever developer needs one but hasn't had a chance to get in on the deal.
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    Thanks guys, been up since 1:30 am just got in from Germany...Better go to bed NOW!!!
    Ahh.. that explains it!

Good luck on the day!

Is it possible to purchase items on Ebay without a PayPal account?

PayPal closed my account yesterday because I didnt' have a US
    credit/debit card account. Not sure why they suddently decided
    to enforce this, as I've been buying stuff with thie PayPal acct
    without any issues for the last couple of years. I only have
    credit cards and checking/savings account issued by UK banks,
    but I live in the US. Obviously, I can just go get a US checking
    acct, but I don't know any banks that's open on Sunday.
    "..Is it possible to purchase items on Ebay without a PayPal account?.."

Apparently not on this set-up.. no! (Unless you have 'an eBay account'?) One of the earlier press reports states:

'..Purchases must be made through the HP eBay store via PayPal only. If you do not have eBay or PayPal accounts, create your accounts before the sale begins to avoid delays..'

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast