Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 408
Like Tree30Likes
  1. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #61  
    Edit: My post did not make sense after the thread I posted was merged into this thread. I originally posted about this post when it was the start of a new thread:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3260057

    ====================================================

    With a front page blog post here:

    http://www.precentral.net/99-touchpad-return-refub

    And a forum thread with 57 posts thus far:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...le-notice.html

    I would say that rather than the members here not being interested, seems like someone was not paying attention then failed to properly search.

    Just saying.
    Last edited by jdod; 12/08/2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: clarify after threads merged
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I'll see what I can do, R!
    Guy, you really are "THE" Guy!!


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3. #63  
    <<threads merged>>
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Edit: My post did not make sense after the thread I posted was merged into this thread. I originally posted about this post when it was the start of a new thread:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3260057

    ====================================================

    With a front page blog post here:

    http://www.precentral.net/99-touchpad-return-refub

    And a forum thread with 57 posts thus far:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...le-notice.html

    I would say that rather than the members here not being interested, seems like someone was not paying attention then failed to properly search.

    Just saying.
    Sorry jdod, the kind of "Interest" you are listing here just doesn't rank very high compared to the semi-hysterical posts I saw in previous months from folks who used to post in a report every time the bank charged (or un-charged) their credit card account, because that MIGHT mean their Touchpad order was going to ship. The stuff you are mentioning is more on the order of a collective "Meh"...
  5. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by guity View Post
    Sorry jdod, the kind of "Interest" you are listing here just doesn't rank very high compared to the semi-hysterical posts I saw in previous months from folks who used to post in a report every time the bank charged (or un-charged) their credit card account, because that MIGHT mean their Touchpad order was going to ship. The stuff you are mentioning is more on the order of a collective "Meh"...
    there's already like 30+ page topic about it over at slickdeals. I'd say a few people are taking notice
  6. #66  
    Will these be sold from HP servers or ebay servers, because HP servers bog down very easily.
  7. #67  
    we've been using our pads for 3 to 5 months now and our focus has evolved to usage and waiting for HP's next move. The slickdeals folks have their automated scripts ready with tons of ebay handles. The HP employees get first dibs. Most probably there Is not much stock and it will be sold out in minutes with many disappointed. Really just need to move on here. There are some great apps coming down the pike--datajog, home control etc.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Will these be sold from HP servers or ebay servers, because HP servers bog down very easily.
    Most likely Meg Whitman said: 'HP servers crashed last time you did this.. I happen to still have a few mates at ebay.. let's 'allow' them to take the heat this time!'

  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Sigb up for a service that gets you a US address, and have it sent there.

    Works a charm
    can you give more Info on how we in the uk can buy them from the hp store and get them sent to the uk?
  10. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and say one way or the other, we get a webos update from meg on Friday - just a hunch.

    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Seems my hunch was right.
  11. effx's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    Well technically that is not true. HP does not officially put them on sale till 8PM. However HP employees have been notified that they will be in the store earlier. Nothing is preventing anyone from buying one. It is on ebay. Secondly all the deal sites such as woot have already posted this deal. So pretty much everyone will be trying to get one early.

    "This sale is not associated with any HP-sponsored employee purchase program and there are no additional discounts for HP employees off the HP eBay store price."
    its true at Best Buy. We put aside units before opening so some of us could makes sure we got em. This time most of us won't need em.
  12. palmermj0's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by thewaver View Post
    can you give more Info on how we in the uk can buy them from the hp store and get them sent to the uk?
    +1

    I would like to know too
  13. #73  
    me too
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Sigb up for a service that gets you a US address, and have it sent there.

    Works a charm
    Yeah.. we may have the same 'glitch' in Oz! This post implies what to do. Maybe a 'PM' would tell more.. or a Google search?

  15. #75  
    CGK

    only 4 hours+ to wait now....fingers, toes, legs, eyes, arms, all crossed....

    the agony....

    laterzzzz.........
    32g and playing
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    we've been using our pads for 3 to 5 months now and our focus has evolved to usage and waiting for HP's next move. The slickdeals folks have their automated scripts ready with tons of ebay handles. The HP employees get first dibs. Most probably there Is not much stock and it will be sold out in minutes with many disappointed. Really just need to move on here. There are some great apps coming down the pike--datajog, home control etc.
    OK, now I have a better picture of why people aren't exactly peeing in their pants. I guess I will give it the old college try on Sunday anyway. One thought that gives me hope is maybe they are using ebay servers because they have more than a token number of units they need to sell...
  17. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #77  
    It's interesting that this sale is happening after the meeting. The meeting could obviously raise or lower interest significantly....
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    It's interesting that this sale is happening after the meeting. The meeting could obviously raise or lower interest significantly....
    Don't assume that the people planning the Friday meeting had any knowledge of Firesale 2.0. HP has shown time and again that one hand has no idea what the other is up to at any given moment. Remember HP was suing itself not that long ago LOL
  19. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #79  
    But it is interest that the UK HP is busy have a fire-sale on add-ons that popped up today. So both sides of the ocean are busy ensuring no webOS inventory is left - I suspect, as, you do that is simply a prearranged event but it may also be a sign that they want the whole thing to vanish.

    We will see in a couple of hours.

    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
  20. #80  
    8 minutes and counting
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions