Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021
Like Tree30Likes
    Was anyone charged by Paypal for Touchpads but did not finish the purchase process? I tried purchasing touchpads but never got my order through. Now my bank account has been charged twice by the HP Store for $298 each. Paypal indicates 3 purchases and 3 reversals. The worst part is I never made it to the check out but I still got charged.

If they were reversed the same night should my bank account still have been charged? Wondering if I will come home and find 4 HP TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    I so hope that that is not a true story.
    It is not, I would never "WebOS" an animal! Just trying to put a positive spin on the bad news.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    This is called the "slashdot" or "fark" effect. It's technically a massive DDOS, except that it's legitimate traffic. I highly doubt that there's a server setup that can handle a sudden massive influx of 10, maybe 100 times it's normal traffic, at one time. Blaming everyone involved for not having the pipes or the server capability to handle a truly bizarre case such as this, is just .. boggling. It's pretty unreasonable to expect eBay to throw down a few million dollars for hardware to handle an upcoming sale that will net them a couple hundred thousand at most.
    I understand the traffic issue. And so did HP and eBay. That is why there were four separate listings to distribute the traffic/load. It was obviously still an underestimation. Therefore, my comments are based only on the fact that they both were in the best positions to make that judgement. From a business perspective, although 10,000 purchases were successful, the purchase experience was not smooth or pleasant. I think they could have prepared better. That is my point.

Personally, I already purchased 3 TPs (2 being gifts) and just wanted another at the best price for experimentation/development. I will probably get one off of eBay in the future. The firesale experience was pathetic but it really does not matter to me...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <off-topic posts deleted>

Please do not turn this into another webOS v iPad/Apple debate. Thank you!
    UPDATE: Sold-Out in US* Refurbished HP TouchPads | Pre-Sale Notice

This whole thread is off-topic.
    Sale is over, but some people seem reluctant to accept it, or unable to move on.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prashok View Post
    Hi guys -- has anyone received theirs already? Based on the SD thread, it sounds like everything is in a brown box, but there is no retail box inside? Anyone have any pictures of this?

Thanks!

(I just got ahold of new-in-box TP as well, so debating whether to get rid of the new or refurbished one -- and don't want to open the shipping box for the refurbished one if there is no sealed packaging inside)
    That's correct. The box is brown, has the HP logo on the front, and below that says REFURBISHED. Inside the box is a charger, pamphlets, and the touchpad. These items are not inside a separate box but are instead held in place by custom fitting styrofoam.

As far as the touchpad itself goes, it looks fantastic and I can't tell that it is a refurb. Strange thing though is that I can't get it to update to 3.0.4; it says my device is up to date on 3.0.2. I have tried refreshing and rebooting and still no update available.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carterlite View Post
    That's correct. The box is brown, has the HP logo on the front, and below that says REFURBISHED. Inside the box is a charger, pamphlets, and the touchpad. These items are not inside a separate box but are instead held in place by custom fitting styrofoam.

As far as the touchpad itself goes, it looks fantastic and I can't tell that it is a refurb. Strange thing though is that I can't get it to update to 3.0.4; it says my device is up to date on 3.0.2. I have tried refreshing and rebooting and still no update available.
    Cool, thanks for the info!

(Sorry, I tried to repost my question and deleted the original post)

And yeah, looks like you'll have to doctor if you want 3.0.4 -- the guys on SD were reporting the same occurrence...
    ".. Strange thing though is that I can't get it to update to 3.0.4; it says my device is up to date on 3.0.2. I have tried refreshing and rebooting and still no update available.."

It has been suggested elswhere here that because of the many glitches present in the 3.0.4 update, the option to refrain is present.
    A 3.0.4 'Doctoring' might be the only option if you choose not to wait for 3.0.5?

I tried for it as well but like everyone else had no luck. However did anyone else get a gift certificate from ebay for there troubles? I did from ebay which i thought pretty awesome as there were a few items i was waiting to buy. I also got a refund in my paypal from hp but im not aware of any of my payment going thru lol.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021