Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    It's already on Slickdeals. OH NO.

LOL.

Double edged sword, that site. Those people are sharks.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoncc View Post

LOL.

there are 16 pages on slickdeals already, I can't even read the first post, I am laughing so hard (crying too)

edit: post #65 on site written by someone who registered in 2004
    touchpad relaunch
    i'm hearing from an hp employee in india that hp is relaunching the touchpad...but still with web os or whatever the os was....any news on this? very credible source...

although someone else on the site thinks he means win8. But why can't win8 be the enterprise one and webOs be "another operating system" as meg says she needs. Webos can be the consumer/prosumer choice...
    Last edited by bluenote; 12/07/2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    blah! Gonna miss it. (again.) don't have money until February! Damit. I'm all in on stockin' up on webos devices. I'm hooked on the webos! (damit.)
    and it will be USA only no doubt, none for us in the UK
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

edit: post #65 on site written by someone who registered in 2004
    touchpad relaunch
    i'm hearing from an hp employee in india that hp is relaunching the touchpad...but still with web os or whatever the os was....any news on this? very credible source...
    Unless a sprint rep in a shop confirms it, it means nothing. :-)
    bluenote and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    No they will be live just not advertised.
    Thanks, got my calendar set to remind me on Sunday I don't really need a TP, but I would like to play with webOS, maybe pass it on to my not-so-tech-savvy mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    and it will be USA only no doubt, none for us in the UK
    Sigb up for a service that gets you a US address, and have it sent there.

Works a charm
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    I just want to buy one without hassle and without being ripped off, I have one already but I want another for my 4 year old son ideally for xmas as he almost permanently has mine now LOL
    I'm just going to -guess- that this means that there isn't going to be a HP funded future.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    blah! Gonna miss it. (again.) don't have money until February! Damit. I'm all in on stockin' up on webos devices. I'm hooked on the webos! (damit.)
    Dont worry, pretty certain a a chunk of these will be resold on ebay for a slight markup. By Feb those markups wont last long so you should be fine with exception the warranties on them will be expired is all.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmaker123 View Post
    HP is about to open up sales of refurbished touch pads via ebay. Both 16GB and 32GB. Sunday Dec. 11 6PM Central. Fire-sale prices. Also there will be an accessory bundle available. Limit 2 per ebay member. Good luck.
    Do these refurbs include the 50GB online storage?
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Sigb up for a service that gets you a US address, and have it sent there.

Works a charm
    Any suggestions for one? I'm in Canada and would be interested.
    Buy buy buy!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by aximmaxim View Post
    Do these refurbs include the 50GB online storage?
    I believe that if you create a box.net account from the touchpad app, you get the 50gb account regardless of where the touchpad came from (even if someone else already used that touchpad to create an account, then wiped the touchpad and sold it). However, the per-file size is still limited compared to a premium account.

(there was an error initially so that everyone who created their box.net account before sometime around mid-september got a better account with a higher per-file size limit, essentially equivalent to a full premium account for free... box.net insisted that their agreement with HP was for a more limited account, and they simply made an error configuring the free touchpad accounts, but let those who already had them keep the better accounts)

personally I just haven't found any use for box.net, since there's no desktop sync client.
    got an email today from hp, blowout sale, got the cover/stand for $20, all free shipping...methinks they are clearing all inventory...could be the the precurser to total abandonment...

bummer..
    32g and playing
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
    got an email today from hp, blowout sale, got the cover/stand for $20, all free shipping...methinks they are clearing all inventory...could be the the precurser to total abandonment...

bummer..
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm just going to -guess- that this means that there isn't going to be a HP funded future.

I'm disappointed in the tone of these responses.

I believe the accepted wisdom is that these sales will go primarily to influential tech buyers who will fall in love with the OS, and developers who will quickly produce killer apps. HP will be startled at the quick sellout at this price and will relaunch the product at this price, disregarding the multi-hundred dollar loss on each machine because they will certainly make it up through a plan to be developed later. At $99, a Touchpad with a thriving developer community and HP's full support will slaughter the iPad2 in it's final months, Apple will for some reason not release a leapfrogging iPad 3 and will not follow into negative margin territory, preferring to cede the market to the phoenix-like competitor.

Isn't that the "book" response to Touchpad/Playbook/etc blowouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmless View Post
    I'm disappointed in the tone of these responses.

I believe the accepted wisdom is that these sales will go primarily to influential tech buyers who will fall in love with the OS, and developers who will quickly produce killer apps. HP will be startled at the quick sellout at this price and will relaunch the product at this price, disregarding the multi-hundred dollar loss on each machine because they will certainly make it up through a plan to be developed later. At $99, a Touchpad with a thriving developer community and HP's full support will slaughter the iPad2 in it's final months, Apple will for some reason not release a leapfrogging iPad 3 and will not follow into negative margin territory, preferring to cede the market to the phoenix-like competitor.

Isn't that the "book" response to Touchpad/Playbook/etc blowouts?
    All too often comments like yours "palm-less" are the book responses and lots of Palm-less people sure do like webOS and our community because they hang around here even without devices.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    All too often comments like yours "palm-less" are the book responses and lots of Palm-less people sure do like webOS and our community because they hang around here even without devices.
    Textbook ad hominem, you didn't disappoint nor address any facts. Actually a wise choice. Though you did assume incorrectly, as I consider my continuous palm-credentials to have begun when I sold the first 8088 GRiDpads and developed apps for them.

Let's not make it about me.
    Last edited by Palmless; 12/07/2011 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmless View Post
    Textbook ad hominem, you didn't disappoint nor address any facts. Actually a wise choice. Though you did assume incorrectly, as I consider my continuous palm-credentials to have begun when I sold the first 8088 GRiDpads and developed apps for them.

Let's not make it about me.
    Fine, I'm good with that. Lets not make it about anyone. This is about the sale on ebay--that is all.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoncc View Post

LOL.

I tend to think of them more like a swarm of locusts lol

ps. For anyone who wants one, I suggest logging into your ebay account early, then start refreshing the hp ebay store a couple minutes early. I think with all those locusts swarming ebay, it'll be difficult to get one
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast